Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Default Re: Problem Creating Seamless Fills - help needed!

ah we agree on something

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I put together a template for creating seamless tiles. It consists of a locked guide layer and a drawing layer. on the guide layer are two rectangles and two lines that intersect them and basically divide them in quarters. The units are set to pixels, the grid is set to 100px with 10 divsions, and the nudge distance is set to 200px(the size of the inner rectangle) Make sure you have snap to guides enabled. Drag with the rectangle tool to fill the outermost rectangle first, use this to set up your background fill type, colour etc. Then do the same with the smaller rectangle(if youhave GNOMRA set the new rectangle should be given the same attributes. Once you have created your design select only the smaller rectangle and either export for use in another document or make a bitmap copy. Export as a png using true color only don't use true color with alpha.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I'm getting very confussed re this thread. Perhaps someone can supply a xar file that gives these "white edges" when exported as a bitmap? Then we'll all be signing from the same song sheet
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

- the first post talks about internal bitmap copies... I think we digressed a bit after that

I may have totally mis-understood but if I view the attached file in vhq, I can 'see the join' [white line] - if I view it in full colour I can't

it is a print document, the bitmap is 256pixels square, placed on whole pixels

what you see after you export it depends on what you view it with and what the settings are there... AFAIK
    Attached Files Attached Files

Ah, I'm more with you now. In your file you have 2 bitmaps side by side at exact pixel locations but the screen view shows a very thin line between the two. This white border exists within Xara due to Xara's anti-alising settings. However it has nothing to do with creating a seamless tile, internally or externally. The bitmap image has absolutely no white border. Copy the bitmap, create a large rectangle, set the fill to bitmap, select your bitmap fill to that of the exported /copied bitmap and select repeating fill and you'll see there is absolutely no border whatsoever.

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

yes egg... it's a screen rendering issue, and always was as far as I can, er, see