Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bug of Feature?

If you slice a cipped bitmap/object you can't unclip it!

Try the following attached.

In some cases this could be a bug, but I've sliced a bipmap and now I can't unclip it!

THe worst of having X and X1 is we're going to spend all our time checking things out on the old one - which I did and the 'feature' is in it also.

Turan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	feature.jpg 
Views:	346 
Size:	26.7 KB 
ID:	17865  

If you slice a cipped bitmap/object you can't unclip it!

Try the following attached.

In some cases this could be a bug, but I've sliced a bipmap and now I can't unclip it!

THe worst of having X and X1 is we're going to spend all our time checking things out on the old one - which I did and the 'feature' is in it also.

Turan

I'd expect that to happen. Unclip and slice the yellow square, then re-clip if that's what you wanted to acheive.

Good point Daniel.

I'd just created a detailed clipview mask around a person (being lazy) sliced a bit out of the middle of the clipview - were his arm looped. And now the bitmap is locked (cos I'd saved).

Turan

PS Need to get the back up fix into registry for the new X1 - supprised this is not an option in X1

But it still doesn't explain why this happens. I mean, the object inside should remain whole, shouldn't it?

Whenever you do anything like slicing or subtracting from a bitmap it automatically gets converted to a shape filled with the bitmap. The bitmap should still be available in it's original form in the bitmap gallery.

Christine
    Christine

Software: XDPX9, WD9,WD10,XDPX10,WD11,XDPX11,XDP365

Christine,

Almost always. Try this. Import bitmap. Add a perspective mold. Now subtract a shape from it. Results are not too pretty.

Basically you need to convert the moulded bitmap to an Editable Shape first, then subtract.

Thanks Christine - I never really use the bitmap gallery so did not think of that.

But the problem is I'd wanted to unclip the photo, make a small change to the mask and then re-clip.

Trying the bitmap gallery this morning it pulls in the photo again, but I'll have to re-size the photo back into the mask (that I did recover when I ungrouped the sliced object).

Grafixman,

I see your point, but I do admit that several operations have been applied - so there is a limit to what can be recovered. It just supprised me that (at the end of the day) the bitmap is inside the Xar file it is just visually clipped i.e. Xara has not actually blanked all pixels that have been clipped and deleted them. So I would have expected the 'key hole' icon to remain and for me to unclip the bitmap - possibly loosing the slice in the unclipping.

The other part of me was supprised I could slice a clipped view to start with http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

Turan

I still feel that this is a bug that should be resolved. I mean, resizing, molding, slicing, etc, would affect the object inside a clipview while it is still inside. Taking it out should give you back the original object, shouldn't it? Or maybe it's just me working with Draw too long?