Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

As we're on the topic of strange font appearance in Xara:

Another phenomenon is that with *some* fonts that i know to not be corrupt or anything that have alternate characters included ( like an additional "e" letter version with a swoosh or similar - some of LHF fonts come with those) those alternate characters don't show up when typing them (LHF mostly ALT + 4 numbers on the right side of the keyboard), just an empty box.

Why could that be ?

Hi Beatz,

That's a difficult question to answer.

How many fonts do you have installed? Are you using a font manager program? Please provide the name of a LHF font you are having the problem and the 4 numbers you are entering.

Soquili
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

It is possible that the font you have chosen does not have that specific character. Not every font has the same extended characters.

At any rate, you can use Windows Character Map utility (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Character Map to veiw a font and all its available extended characters.

If you see the character you want, you can select it, copy and paste it into your Xara text and then make sure you have formatted your text in the same font.

My guess is if you see the open rectangle instead of the desired character, that the character you spedified does not exist at that Alt 0000 address.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

<a href="http://www.xaraxone.com">
    The Xara Xone </a>

I often use Xara3D to find a font shape I require. (The text Dialogue box would be a nice inclusion in the next update of XaraX) It has a drop down window (by clicking the 'More' button in Text Options) which gives all available and non available characters. I find Xara3D a far handier method of matching a font shape than the font gallery method in XaraX.
    Egg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	!1a_background_attribute2.gif 
Views:	140 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	10149  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host