Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Problem creating responsive site with WD 10 Premium

I started using Web Designer 10 Premium to do a re-design of my site (created and maintained with WD_MX_Prem) and have it be responsive. Individual pages were rendering properly as I previewed them during my progression. But when I previewed the entire site, the elements on all of the pages were in complete disarray and all of the pages were linked together so that I could scroll through the whole site. And now, when clicking on a single page in the "page and layer gallery", all the pages are attached to each other and I can scroll through all of them instead of just the one page. And all of the elements on the pages as I scroll through are in disarray. Naturally, I thought of Supersites. I checked the web export option and, yes, it was set to Supersite (although I do not think it was set that way when I imported the template). Checking the Conventional Website option did not correct anything. But everything was now messed up anyway even if I had wanted to save it or export as a Supersite. Is there any way to correct this without starting again? I have no separate copy of the file before the chaos occurred. Is this a program bug? I am concerned that it will happen again after I put more hours into the site and therefore cannot use WD 10 at this time. I have seen similar posts on this forum . Are programmers looking into this problem? I am using a Windows 7 machine.

Default Re: Problem creating responsive site with WD 10 Premium

It's hard to say what is happening without seeing your WEB file.

Is it possible for you to upload your site WEB file here (10MB or under).

Hello

For me responsive design in Web Designer 10 Premium works fine. I've almost finished my first responsive design website without any problem.

When I look for a problem, I try to isolate the smallest element having the problem. I create a file copy, then I remove one page, test, remove one page, test, etc.
    On the last page I remove half the element, test, etc... until it works. When it works I undo one removing an try to studie the elements I've just redo.
    This way you can get clues on the problem, and maybe send on forum a smaller file.

I hope it helps

Regards
    Peace, Paix, Paz, Pace, 和平, ειρήνη, Prawsztio.

I do something similar to Todd if I am having problems with just one page.

In this case I right click on the page and select Copy Page. Then I create a New document and Edit > Paste Page.

I preview the page and if everything is OK then I know there is something wrong in the main document.

I create a new blank page in my website document and paste in place the problem page.

If everything works OK then I delete the problem page.

Quote Originally Posted by bfxr View Post
    Is there any way to correct this without starting again? I have no separate copy of the file before the chaos occurred. Is this a program bug? I am concerned that it will happen again after I put more hours into the site and therefore cannot use WD 10 at this time. I have seen similar posts on this forum . Are programmers looking into this problem? I am using a Windows 7 machine.
    Xara makes backups of the file as you work on it. You can open the backups - start with the most recent and go back until you find a decent one. Click on the File menu, then select Open Recent, and the last item on the list should be "Backups..." Select that and see what you can find.

Ed