Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
    Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

If anyone here is a Poser5 user they might find this product fun. The text to speach synthesis reminds me of the freeware "Eliza" that used to be available on the first macs. (Anyone know if there is a windows Eliza-like speach synthesizer out there?).

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Windows XP brings text-to-speech synthesis to the masses [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] The default voice could use some work, but Windows does indeed support speech synthesis.

My Best,
    Gare
    Gary David Bouton
    Gary@GaryDavidBouton.com
    Free education! The Writings Web site
    and the updated GaryWorld Gallery is pretty okay, too.

If you take a look here ( http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/ ) you can download the agent technology for all flavours of Windows. There are also tools that you can use to create your own agent characters.

Gee, the very first Commodore Amigas had text-to-speech capability back in 1984.

Danny Huff

I remember that! Fun and nasty at the same time! Nothing better than an artificial voice ordering 147 pizzas in a serverly broken Swe-nglish robot voice... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

My Amiga 500 with an extra 500kb chip was so much fun. I wish I could buy one today... and still have my 1000+ floppy's. It is amazing what they could squeeze out of that thing!

And now... suddenly... I just feel old... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

Risto

risto@ristoklint.com

Visit my web site!