Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Problem with Ver 10

I created my website in Ver 8 and moved to Ver 9 so I could see the website before I uploaded to the host. when exporting it, a file for each page was created .. index.htm, contact.htm, music.htm etc.... it was uploaded and website was working.. no problems..
    I did an update to my website last month using Ver 9 (I didn't upgrade to the Ver 10 until May 1)...
    I have been working on updates to the website and this time doing them in Ver 10. Evidently, Ver 10 just changed my website from the conventional site using the xxx.htm files for each page and creating a folder called index_htm_files ... it uploaded to the site
    but it created a mess..
    If you bring up my site in IE the color for the background is NOT there, the buttons don't work.. can't go from one page to another... it looks okay for the most part in Google Chrome.. but a huge amount of people use IE still and I need it to work in IE also..
    I changed the Website from Presentation to Conventional Web.. and it created the files for each page again... but still have this folder called Index_htm_files. Do I need to delete it from my Document folder and from the web host ... is it what is causing my site NOT to work in IE???
    I'm trying to upload the website as the conventional website but all I get is a "General FTP error" no clue as to what the error is no other message on the screen.. just this simple message that there is an error. I have NO CLUE how to fix it .. where to begin looking for the problem..
    WHAT CAN I DO TO FIX MY WEBSITE SO IT DISPLAYS AND WORKS IN IE AND GOOGLE CHROME.

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.. I'VE BEEN WORKING ON IT NOW FOR 8 HOURS AND NO LUCK ... AM HOPING SOMEONE HERE CAN HELP ME GET MY WEBSITE BACK WORKING AGAIN...

IT IS ABOUT 1AM HERE ALREADY.. GOING TO TRY AND GET SOME SLEEP AND HOPING IN MORNING SOMEONE WILL BE BLE TO HELP ME
    THANKS
    HAVE A GOOD NIGHT
    BARBARA

Default Re: Web Problem with Ver 10

Hi Barbara,

Can you send me a ticket using the link below and let me know the ticket ID? I may need you to produce some log files for the FTP error.

http://support.xara.com/

Thanks
    Rob

Hi
    I have a log of the ftp upload attempt I can send you.. I sent to someone but heard nothing back as to how to fix.... I have done a repair install and that don't help.. I'm going to need to update my son's site when his album is released and I can't do an upload... my ftp host information is correct, my username and password are correct but for some reason it is not allowing me to upload.. I don't know what else to try... there is no problem with the host site... I've been in there and manually uploaded and replaced one of the pages... I don't know what to look for and don't know how to fix... and am having no luck finding someone who can for me...

thanks
    How do I upload the file to you

I don't know if this worked or not.. been trying to send you the ftp log I got earlier...

Barbara
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does anyone know how I can get this Version 10 to upload my files??? I have had nothing but problems with this upgrade to version 10.
    NEVER had an issue with Version 9... NEVER had an upload problem with Version 9... since I put in Version 10 and tried to do updates to my
    website, I cannot get my updated files uploaded... NEVER Had a problem before...
    HOW DO I FIX THIS.. I NEED TO UPLOAD SOME FILES... HOW HOW HOW... PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS...
    AM FRUSTRATED WITH THIS PROGRAM AND STRESSED OUT AND WILL NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PROGRAM TO ANYONE... I WILLTELL THEM TO STAY AWAY AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE AND FIND SOMETHING THAT WORKS RIGHT

Can you upload with Filezilla if you publish to a folder on your desktop then move the files over using Filezilla?

Also, do the files upload and the problem is you do not see the changes?

If so there are two possible causes. The old files are cached on your computer (Press F5 or Ctrl F5 to force the page to reload).

The other problem is if you have an index.html file in your folder and you published your changes as index.htm (the default), the browser will always load the .html file over the .htm if both files have the same name.

Hi,

Apologies in advance, our support system is being upgraded and I didn't have your email address to reply to.

There appears to be a "Access denied to remote resource" when trying to create the directory that Xara is publishing to, and also a m_pConnection->SetCurrentDir Failed error, but a connection was made.

1) If it has worked in the past and has only just started to fail, has anything changed on your host, such as read/write permissions?

2) Would it be possible if I could have a look at your host details and try a test publish with your permission? Please PM me your FTP details if so.

Thanks
    Rob

HI,

FYI - i have upgraded to Ver 10 and unable to publish my web site. I still have ver 9 running and that works fine. i can ftp my pages to my remote server. i have also logged a call with Xaraweb support

It does not mater how I specify the ftp details it always published it in /root/www/foldername and not /www/foldername. Something must have changed from Ver 9 to ver 10...can anyone help me with this