Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can Xara Pro X9 crop a GIF?

I haven't determined a way to upload the GIF ... so here it is in a ZIP file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example GIF.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	102084  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Here you go.
    ??? The image you posted is displayed as a JPG by my browser ... just like the one I posted (twice).

Does it display as an animated GIF with your browser?

Refresh your browser Contours, we're cross posting
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

My previous post dissappeared. Your gif is 2Mb far to large for TG You can view the gif HERE:
    Egg

Here is a quick test.

Image cropped to 640x480 size and palette changed to websafe 216 colours. Working fine and less than 60 kb.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example2.gif 
Views:	110 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	102093  

Quote Originally Posted by theinonen View Post
    Here is a quick test.

Image cropped to 640x480 size and palette changed to websafe 216 colours. Working fine and less than 60 kb.
    What tool did you use to crop? Xara?

The color option I used with GIFCam was "Quantize" ... which seemed to provide the most capability. But I doubt if my example had more than a dozen colors.

I'll try generating it with colors=256.

No, I did not use Xara for the cropping.

I used utility called interGif to extract invidual frames from the GIF file and the cropping was done in a software called Compo.

Little script did all the work and automatically cropped all the images in a directory and then saved those back into another directory. Finally InterGif was used again to combine all the frames together for the final image. (For cropping, it was easiest to change canvas to a specific size, position image and then save the canvas area as GIF.)

See here:
    Egg