Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Site and logo created using designer X9

Hello
    Here you can find a web site and logo created with designer X9.
    http://www.proteck.fr/index.htm
    Any opinion is welcome
    regards

(I've checked before, and others have posted links, so it seems to be allowed to post links to website created with Designer).
    Last edited by gwpriester; 22 May 2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: typo

Default Re: Site an logo created using designer X9

Hi Tod. I like your site. It is clean and professional looking and evokes the theme of secure transport (possibly through the use of black and white imagery rather than colour - very nice). On the homepage, perhaps you could extend the white rectangle that contains the text 'Transport Securise' so that it extends just a tidge wider than the text panel at the bottom of the page. This will slightly cover the motobike tyre so you may need to bring the image to be in front of the rectangle (like you have done with the car and the van).

When viewing the site on my mobile, the text under Transport Securise is cutoff at the end of each row, and it overruns in the text panel at the bottom of the page. It only occurs on the homepage and no other page. I am actually having this problem myself with a site I made in V9P but have since put through V10. I am sorry but I cannot offer you a solution to why the text is cut off, but I am sure that someone on the site will be able to help you (us!).

If you would like your site to open on mobiles so visitors can see the whole site and not just a corner when it opens, then right click on anything on the homepage (like a text panel), choose NAMES and type in NoViewportMeta, then click add. Your site will then be fully visible on a phone and visitors can expand their screen to see the site . Cheers, Abi

Thanks you very much for your advises Abikadabra.
    I'm working on another web site right now, but I'll try to improve using your comments, after I've finished (maybe I'll try to convert to responsive design).

Thanks for the "NoViewportMeta" trick and the mobile viewing problem reporting.

My new website is not finished yet, but it will be soon, I'm very happy with the responsive tool, and I will show on the forum the result. (next week)

Thanks again for your post

Regards

Looks very professional and upscale Tod.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Looks very professional and upscale Tod.
    Thank you very much Gary.

it doesn't scale to my browser

first impressions : you are aiming this primarily at an up-market clientèle who is used to up-market, expensive services with matching marketing budgets - you are therefore competing in a visually high quality website market where design and impact are important, these people are used to gucci, pierre cardin, mercedes etc
    the image at the bottom left of the home page shows a couple on a moto not wearing helmets which to me screams "unsafe" and illegal in france and most other eu countries - i can't even see the relevance of the image and if an image makes me wonder why it is there then it is by definition superfluous
    most of your images do not have alt or title tags which doesn't help me either (the menu has alt tags only on hover)
    the logo at first glance looks like a bat because of its small size and therefore I would do what I can to make it clearer, i.e. remove the 3d relief, and i'm surprised the logo is only on the home page and not in the same place on every page
    every page seems to have a different layout, unless this serves a particular purpose it is a design flaw
    the home page looks like a pasteboard not a finished page, nothing is aligned, my eyes wander everywhere wondering where the really important information is
    your strapline "Protéger à tout prix, ce qui n’a pas de prix." is brilliant and yet it is relegated to the far right on the home page and is nowhere else to be seen
    the images of the vehicles at the top of the home pages makes a powerful statement yet the header of every other page is bland and boring, the impact of that home page header is lost
    the frequent questions page is a bit of a joke because even i who have never had the wealth to require such a service have plenty of questions and that is THE purpose of the site, TO INFORM ME!
    include a "case studies" page to show potential clients the kind of real-world services they can expect
    include a "testimonials" page to show potential clients how other clients think of you
    overall i would say this is a promising start in the right direction but it has a long way to go before françois hollande calls you to protect him on his next skirt-sniffing excursion
    a good starting point for any web designer is "look at the competition and do it better"
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by tree hugger View Post
    it doesn't scale to my browser
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	how_interesting.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	102706
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

On my little Acer netbook, and also on my iPad, the page doesn't scale to fit, but goes off a little to the right. Not that this is bad, but it does chop up what Big Frank called your 'strapline'... your motto... "Protéger à tout prix, ce qui n’a pas de prix." Which comes across perfectly via Google Translate in English, as well. Don't change it!

I'm not as fussy as he is about page layout. I 'got it' right away that you are selling security services. But he's right about that logo. It should be on a Batcar, in the movie. Suggestion -- find the artwork for the old Russian KGB Sword and Shield badge, change it a bit, done. As for site content, I would stress discretion and privacy. If I'm going to pay you 850 Euros to take my mistress, that famous actress, from Paris to St. Tropez on the back of a motorcycle -- I don't want a flock of paparrazzi delaying her breathless arrival at the film opening, her hair stylishly windblown (helmets are optional, Frank).
    Author -- 'Drawing for Money' and 'Self-Publishing Secrets', at Jon404.com