Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Wowslider Program not working with Premium 10

Any of these slider/slide show applications that generate external folders, such as engine and data, reference these folders to play the slide show. So these folders have to be manually uploaded to your server (via ftp).

If you publish your site to a folder on your desktop, then copy and paste the external folders to this desktop folder, you can open the index file and preview the slide show.

Does this same thing work with Easy Accordian widget in Xara 10 Premium?

Hi Nita

I think that when Xara added the ability to create variant websites in the 10 versions, the new code came into conflict with some of the other code and has caused some untoward things such as what you posted.

My only suggestion at this point is to create your slider in WD9 and then copy and paste it into WD10. I am not sure if this will work but it is worth a try.

My problem seems to be a little different. I can implement a Wowslider slideshow in Xara Version 10 Premium 64-bit, but it is not responsive. Wowslider slideshows should vary width and height as the browser window width is adjusted. This doesn't happen, and I've resorted to making various versions of slideshows and displaying them in my variants. This will mean a lot of work when it comes to updating slideshows in the future. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a fix coming? Thanks.
    STS

Quote Originally Posted by STS View Post
    My problem seems to be a little different. I can implement a Wowslider slideshow in Xara Version 10 Premium 64-bit, but it is not responsive. Wowslider slideshows should vary width and height as the browser window width is adjusted. This doesn't happen, and I've resorted to making various versions of slideshows and displaying them in my variants. This will mean a lot of work when it comes to updating slideshows in the future. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a fix coming? Thanks.
    STS
    Creating a unique sized placeholder/slideshow for each variant is the correct way to go about it with Xara Web Designer.
    Xara Web Designer is not a true RD enabled application. The WoW slider placeholder in each version is a fixed size (WYSIWYG) - as are all Xara created elements and pages.

Thanks Steve.