Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Motion Blur cutoff on picture

Hello!

I'm making a logo for a video game and I have a question. I'm using Motion Blur (Eye Candy 7), but it cuts off at the edge of the graphic (see first attachment). Is there a way to get the motion blur to come to a small peak on the left side, rather than having it look like a box? Also, I get an error every time I use Eye Candy 7 (see second attachment). What could be causing this and how do I fix it? It happens with every plugin and then the plugin disappears. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	motion_Tom.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	102026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eyecandy7error.jpg 
Views:	141 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	102027  

Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Motion Blur cutoff on picture

I'm not sure what is causing the second problem, but instead of a blue plugin I would use a blend.

I blended two bitmaps 100 steps. Changed the transparency on the first bitmap to 100% and the second to 95% Then placed the original on top and added a Linear transparency to the left side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blend.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	102032  

Very hot Arizona...but it's a dry heat :)

RaptorMoonX,
    I think that you have to lock the effect for Eye Candy 7 in order for it to take. If you hit cancel then you end up with an error similar to what you posted (at least I get that error). I usually just hit "ok" when I'm using the plugin...even if I don't like the desired effect. For example, if I used Eye Candy 7 to create the effect that you used or any other effect...once you're in Eye Candy you have to hit "ok" to apply an effect to get back into Xara. If you don't you'll get the error message. Once your out of the plugin and back in Xara use the undo button in Xara to undo the effect and try again. Anyway, Angelize and some other folks give a pretty good rundown about the issues in the plugin thread. You can take a look at this thread too. http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ht=eye+candy+7.

I actually got copies of Eye Candy 4000 and Xenofex 2 from Eye Candy and told them about the issues I have with Eye Candy 7. They said they'd look into it.
    GWPriester: Could you do me a favor and list the exact steps you took to achieve that effect? Did you just make copies of the picture I posted and use those or am I missing something? (Sorry I haven't replied sooner. Getting to the end of what needs to be done for this game.) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover