Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Version 10 programs - What do you think might be next?

1. Colour management. Could you please make the choosing/assigning of colour profiles possible - after all, this software is made for the actual printing of layouts, logos, business cards, flyers etc.
    2. Simulate print colours. What printer/profile is this feature simulating? The colours don't look anything like the same files in CorelCraw which are very accurate....
    3. Rotatable guide lines for aligning object/text that are at an angle.

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    ...3. Rotatable guide lines for aligning object/text that are at an angle.
    Yes to #1...#2 is then taken care of.

#3. You can draw any shape on the guideline layer, be it a line or a shape, have it at any angle, and it is a guide. No need for rotating Xara's guidelines.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Yes to #1...#2 is then taken care of.

#3. You can draw any shape on the guideline layer, be it a line or a shape, have it at any angle, and it is a guide. No need for rotating Xara's guidelines.

Just tried tat - don't understand.
    Say I have a rotated rectangle on layer 1 - I the create some text and rotate that to the same angle - how do I line up the baseline of the text with base of the rectangle?

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    [/COLOR]

Just tried tat - don't understand.
    Say I have a rotated rectangle on layer 1 - I the create some text and rotate that to the same angle - how do I line up the baseline of the text with base of the rectangle?
    If I wanted to align a bit of text to a rectangle that has been rotated, I probably wouldn't put the rectangle on the guideline layer.

Instead, I would move the text as in this screen shot:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	capture-001492.png 
Views:	122 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	102033

Then I would move the rotation center as in this screen shot:

Name:	capture-001493.png 
Views:	123 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	102034

And rotate the text.

Name:	capture-001494.png 
Views:	124 
Size:	26.5 KB 
ID:	102035

Would love to see some additional blend modes, specifically the burn and dodge layer modes that Photoshop supports for the creation of things that have a high contrast glow of sorts.

An example of this is here, which I've asked a lot of times if there is a way to create this effect in Xara and the answer has typically been something like either "you can't do this directly...use photoshop" or "try these 73 steps".

Also, while it looks like there are some neat things in the new web designer version (like the responsive-like stuff), I will be very disappointed if the primary makeup of XDP this time around is just the stuff from the other applications. I am really hoping for some core update stuff that isn't in the other versions, vector tool improvements, new tools, better pen controls, and just some general improvements.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    What are you hoping to see improved or new in the rest of the version 10 programs?
    Fixed SVG export, ideally also SVG animations.

Xara is very 90s concerning its web features. What they added in recent years is useless for me as an HTML5 web developer.

Adjustable pressure profiles after you draw a line. Example: I need a line with a pointed tip, 1/3 of the line length. So, I draw a line and add a pressure profile from thick to thin. Now the whole line is influenced and not the last 1/3. My current workaround is: I cut the line in two parts. This would be a lot easier.

BTW I use the pressure profiles with a graphic tablet but switch the pressure influence off in Xara.

Hello

My top 3 features would be :
    Correct the "show selection bound handle" bug (this one should be easy to correct).
    add an option "no handle at all not event a little black square" when I select objet would be my 2e wish.
    An option to avoid windows to move when I put objets near the border of the windows would be greatly appreciated.

Designer is the best vector drawing program, just a little effort and it will be perfect for me.

Regards

PS : a way to create profil pressure would also be welcome.

A small request, previously made in "Dear Xara".

I spend my life repositioning arrows with the straight line and arrow tool.

Dragging an end point shows an outline only, so repositioning an arrow head is guesswork.

Please let me see the fully rendered arrow with its arrow head during a drag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arrowTool.png 
Views:	126 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	102063  
    Last edited by DD; 21 May 2014 at 09:57 AM.