Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Version 10 programs - What do you think might be next?

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    @ gamerprinter: In the 32 bit version of DP there is a live effect called emboss that is very good. It has settings for things like elevation, light intensity, light angle, angle of incidence, shine, reflection, and more.
    Ah, that means I need to load both versions. I have the 64 bit version currently loaded and using, and had relegated the live effects as no longer accessable. Though I knew I could load both versions to access those. I'll give it a try.

I'll still suggest gradients on a curve (freehand drawn line) is something I really need.

I have a huge investment in professional filters. Wish XDP 64 could allow their use again.

Also would love to be able to set to full pixels. Exhausting constantly correcting sizes.

Seems churlish to criticise such a great program, but would really appreciate these.

WD10 64bit allows plug-ins to be used ... should be the same in DP10 as it is the everything Xara program
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

hopefully they will work, some teething problems with WD10 as i understand..

the title of this thread is 'what do you expect' not 'what do you want/wish'...

what do I expect? - well what is in WD10, of course, ..... and to be honest I have no idea beyond that .. maybe some minor tweaks to the drawing tools [version 9 had colour replacement in groups and background erase enhancements, useful but no reason to upgrade]
    Last edited by handrawn; 29 May 2014 at 05:31 PM. Reason: typo

Well I responded to what I wish, because, as you say, I have no idea what to expect. Many of the new things since XXP4 (the last version I had before XDP9) are great tools, but nothing I would have expected nor specifically needed, though I can certainly use them. I can only relay, what I want or wish. I don't have an inside ear to Xara's development team, so I cannot even guess what they're up to.

hey ...it is so

what I really wish is for new layers to be above the current layer and not on top of the damn stack [as an option] - and shape builder tool to have absolute pixels and not just screen pixels, same as serif drawplus... nested layers too... new vector tools, don't really need them, though bucket fill would undoubtedly save time especially if it had a gap tolerance feature that works

I'd like to see/I wish for the new Xara Designer:

- mash-gardient-fill-tool like in Illu or Corel
    - vector fills
    - editibel brushes like in Illu that follows path
    - brush-management like in Expression, Gary had required it many times
    - TrueType support
    - dictionary support for hyphenation
    - more DTP specific futers
    - true Color Managment
    - bigger workspace like in Corel
    - PDF-X4
    - path modifying tools like in Illu or Inkscape
    - better stability and performance on multi processor engines
    - GPU performance assistence

I'll sop here. The list will be to long when i would wright all my wishes for future Xara Designer's. But some things we posted here, I think, are indispensable.

Servus from Germany/Bavaria

Ernie