Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do you create a specific size pop up

I've been thru the documentation and have tried trial & error but after 3 days my head is sore and the hole in the wall is getting bigger.
    I'm trying to get a stand alone pop up of a certain size to open when a graphic is clicked to run a live stream.
    This pop up should remain open even after the visitor leaves the site.
    From what I can tell from the documentation, WD10 wants to create a pop up that creates it own close button (X).

I've played with the options in the Link Tab and even tried a placeholder. I can create a new window but cannot figure out how to get the size I want.
    I have the size parameters for the page that is to pop up but that doesn't seem to work either. I only get a full window.

Suggestions?

Thanks-

Default Re: How do you create a specific size pop up

You can try a layer and link from the MouseOff layer to the new layer. Though I am not sure if a video will stream on a layer. And you can designate if you want the layer to close (with the X) or not.

Check back and see what Acorn says. He is much better with these things than I am.

Thanks...it doesn't need to stream video, just audio.
    If there is a way within WD10 to tell the 'New window or tab (_blank)' link command to open to a specific size that would be simple. Seems that it should be an option.

www.webradioclassics.com

Skip, from your description of having it stay open even if the visitor leaves the site, then the pop-up can not be part of the site and must be created as a fresh window.

For your graphic link, you need to insert
    Code:
    javascript;window.open("http://www.w3schools.com", "_blank", "toolbar=yes, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, top=500, left=500, width=400, height=400");
    replacing the URL above to yours.

Experiment with the parameters here: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/tryit...sref_win_open5.

The full specification is here: http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/met_win_open.asp

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn

I've done this a thousand times in simple HTML. Trying to get the same thing in WD10 is definitely much harder than it has to be.

I've tried everything to link the script to the graphic but with no luck. I've used a placeholder but everytime it overwrites the graphic with text.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any guidance
    -skip

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Thanks Acorn

I've done this a thousand times in simple HTML. Trying to get the same thing in WD10 is definitely much harder than it has to be.

I've tried everything to link the script to the graphic but with no luck. I've used a placeholder but everytime it overwrites the graphic with text.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any guidance
    -skip
    Schoolboy mistake of not checking my own work; I used a semi-colon instead of a colon!

The code is not for a placeholder, rather it goes into the Link to Web or Email address box.
    It also needed to stop it leaving the Xara page, so change my original to:
    javascript:void(window.open("http://www.w3schools.com", "_blank", "toolbar=yes, scrollbars=no, resizable=no, top=500, left=500, width=400, height=400"));
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Don'cha just hate those pesky semi-colons.

We're getting closer. On Firefox & Chrome it opens the sized window AND a blank window
    On IE it doesn't work at all.

I took out the "_blank" thinking that was causing the extra window to open but then the re-sizing didn't work.

FIGURED IT OUT: Still had the blank page selected in the drop down in the Open Link box

Thanks for all your help
    Last edited by Skip; 15 May 2014 at 10:16 PM. Reason: Update!