Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Does Xara allow you to connect their forms to a database?

I have been trying out Xara's Web Designer 10 premium product and I really like it. It has various form widgets. Question, does xara allow one to not only create forms but take the data and submit it to a database (MySQL for example)?

Next, does Xara Web Designer 10 allow one to fill a web page, created by Web Designer with data from a database? Thank you.

Ed Cohen | enc0hen@comcast.net
    Last edited by gwpriester; 14 May 2014 at 12:21 AM. Reason: typo - there forms

Default Re: Does Xara allow you to connect their forms to a database?

This page has embedded Machform Email popups that save to a database. http://www.dalesrenewables.co.uk/contact.htm

and this page has embedded Excel spreadsheets that are hosted on a live skydrive. http://www.dalesrenewables.co.uk/sol...20examples.htm

Hope this helps.

PS: Wanna buy some solar panels???

Default Re: Does Xara allow you to connect their forms to a database?

Quote Originally Posted by encohen View Post
    I have been trying out Xara's Web Designer 10 premium product and I really like it. It has various form widgets. Question, does xara allow one to not only create forms but take the data and submit it to a database (MySQL for example)?

Next, does Xara Web Designer 10 allow one to fill a web page, created by Web Designer with data from a database? Thank you.

Ed Cohen | enc0hen@comcast.net
    Ed you are asking about this the wrong way around. Xara doesn't do forms; it provides Widgets that you can use to create form a third party.
    In the case of JotForm, I know it has an App called MySQL Export.

For the second part of your question, you could create an output using PHP and MySQL and present this in a IFRAME within a Xara web page.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat