Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs down Xara Web Premium 10 RUINED My Clients Website!!!!

Take a look! http://ntunemusic.com Hours and hours of hard work ruined in a matter of one upload!!!! As for responsive... I see no responsiveness on the mobile version. I am extremely disappointed in this program.

Default Re: Xara Web Premium 10 RUINED My Clients Website!!!!

I can see the text is messed up indeed! As for the responsiveness, the page doesn't change when I 'restore down' my browser, did you change the design for the variant?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Is the text for the full size version messed up as well?

And I assume that you have a backup copy that will work in a previous version of WD?

I can see the variant site but it does not look like you have contained your information to the page width.

The text in both the full size site and the variant is shared, as are the photos. If you change the text content on one version it will change it on the other. But I have no idea why the text would be so small in the full size site.

Yeah it is all messed up on the full size version. I did create a mobile variant but changing elements and text on the mobile must have also changed it on the full size as well, so when it was uploaded everything was messed up. Today I'll reload my backup and start over. What a major pain this is I gotta admit. Not at all what I was expecting.

Thanks guys.

When I try to load in Chrome, I get a very quick flash of red, then I can only see the background of the site which I would say is a large problem. When I load in IE i see the site but when I load the pages away from the first screen the text size is minute too difficult for me to read. In the text area there seems a lot of white space and if the site is responsive that must be the area where it is reducing the text size downwards but I could be talking nonsense here as I haven't downloaded Web Premium 10 so no experience in the programme.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Right now, there shouldn't be a mobile variant as I have uploaded all of the backup files before it was messed up. Xara will have to do a better job at explaining how all of these new features should be implemented before we allow the program to mess up hour and even weeks of work.

Utilities>>Website variants>>Stop sharing with variants - if it is sharing then it will stop and you can organise the text ... if it is a text area you've used, not just a line.

Sorry, just noticed Merlin's post!
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Maybe if you get rid of the ticker script it will work as it should
    Responsiveness is based on css and javascript
    If using deprecated javascript it will break the javascript all together.

Hans

I did remove the ticker from the variant mobile version and it made no difference. I'm going back to the drawing board on this.