Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't get link to work

Hi Guys and Girls,

I can't get a link to the Contact page to work.

When I do a preview in Designer Pro it works. But when I export and publish the website it doens't. Can somebody please take a look? I tried to submit a ticket but Xara .., they don't want to know me. Either my username of password is wrong. But I know they are right...

I'll post the xar file. It's is the Contact link on the bottom of the page "Huurprijs op maat".

Regards,
    Frits
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Can't get link to work

Frits, to check the link works without the contact form, remove the placeholder on the Contacts page.

As the
    Code:
    <iframe src="http://www.adprof.nl/mailform.php" width="100%" height="100%" frameborder="0" scrolling="auto" name="xara_iframe" ><p>Your browser does not support iframes.</p></iframe>
    does not have any account details, I assume it may be down to a form authentication issue.

Just checked the form with an email 1@2.com and it all works locally.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hello Frits

I tried to send a message from your file and I get an error message too (though I cannot read it).

It is looking for a file mailform.php

The problem is with the form (I think). Maybe you can try another form, such as JotForm and see if this works.

Hi Acorn,

The code in the place holder on the Contact page works, it's a placeholder with within a pgp page to mail. Should not the link on the page Huurprijs op Maat just work? Whatever's on the next page?

Regards,
    Frits

Hi Gary,

The contact page works for me. It's calls the php script in the placeholder on the contact page. The problem is, the "Huurprijs op maat" (I'll won't ask you to pronounce it ;-), will not even link to the Contact page. Whatever's on the contact page. The prior page should at least link to it.

Greets,
    Frits

from a very rainy Holland at the moment.

Maybe I do not understand what you are asking (too much rain perhaps vs. New Mexico where we average about 12" of rain a year).

When I preview your site I can link to the Contact page from every page, even the unpronounceable Huurprijs Op Maat page.

Hi Gary,

It's not the link in the menu. But the text link at the bottom of the Huurprijs op Maat page. It works when I view the page local. But when I export the site it doesn't. It's still underlined but the cursor does not change to a hand.

Greets,
    Frits

Hi Gary,

I fixed it myself. I copied the text and placed it higher in the layer gallery.

It works now.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Frits

p.s. The rain has stopped...

p.s. The rain has stopped...