Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting Google maps not working

Using WD9 Premium on Windows 7. I'm trying to insert a Google map and am getting this message each time:

Unable to find the HTML code for the widget on the widget site or on the clipboard.
    - Search for a location using the search bar or click on the button labelled get directions.
    - Enter your start and end address if you require a map displaying directions and click on on the button labelled get directions.
    - Adjust map to desired center and zoom level.
    - Click the Link button shown to the left of the map. This gives you the HTML code to insert into your website.
    - Click the Insert button below to add the widget to your page.

With these instructions, I get down to the "Click on the Link Button ... on the left of the map" and there's no such button. And I don't particularly want to have the map showing "directions" anyway.

Please any suggestions?? It worked perfectly easily on an earlier website using WD8 Premium - http://salisburycongregational.org/contact_us.htm - and I want the same thing. So I'm a little frustrated.

Thank you!

Default Re: Inserting Google maps not working

Usually the step that is omitted and is crucial is Generate Code. Then you have to Copy the code to the clipboard then click Insert.

OK I just checked it out. They do not make this easy.

Click on the gear icon. And you need to select the Share option. Highlight the URL then copy to the clipboard and then press Insert.

Tried it and it didn't work. Tried several things, including clicking an "Embed" button and copying to clipboard. Will tackle it again in the morning. Thanks, Gary!

just go to google maps get your selected location showing and then click the gear icon bottom right - click share and embed map - click embed map - select required size - then copy the code
    then in xara just right click on page and select paste html pasteholder

cheerz - hope this helps

the widget works the same - find the location in the widget - click the gear icon bottom right - click share and embed map then embed map - copy the code for selected size then click insert

cheerz
    Last edited by trukkerz; 12 May 2014 at 06:09 AM. Reason: more info