Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD10 Latest Upgrade - Google Chrome crashes - Firefox, IE, Safari - all work

Hi again ... I use windows 7 professional. I have reworked a 10 page website designed in WD9 Premium and created a responsive site with 480px and 960px screen versions - loaded it as a SuperSite and it worked very well in all Browsers. I decided to refine it a bit more today using the latest Update which fixed a couple of issues.

On compiling the final version ready to FTP to server I find everything works in Firefox, IE11, Safari but Menu Links crash in Google Chrome in either screen size. There is a standard Xara Top Line menu for the wider screen and a Drop Down standard menu for the 480px screen. In Chrome - the first couple of menu buttons work then program locks and menu disappears. I have Next/Previous page buttons on each page and they lock or disappear also. When you open index.html in Chrome the little "Activity Circle" top left just keeps going (forever) as though it is continuing to load something - when the menu locks and disappears the "Activity Circle" slows to a painful crawl as though the processor is overloaded.

I have deleted and re installed Chrome - but it makes no difference.

Anyone any ideas?

Default Re: WD10 Latest Upgrade - Google Chrome crashes - Firefox, IE, Safari - all work

Found problem - it was an error in Google Analytics code. Once code was removed it worked as expected.
    Of interest ..
    1. The error was excused by all browsers except Chrome - makes you wonder if only Chrome views are included in Google Analytics Stats!
    2. the error was excused by the previous WD10 Premium version.

Once fixed Chrome worked as fast or faster than other browsers - All's well that ends well they say!

I would have to say the Responsive Web Design works very well - my first site was a 2 Variant production 480px and 990px - it works fast and smooth on iphones tablets and computers. The website is www.coffsharbourpahire.net.au
    It is currently running a Supersite version compiled before the recent update. I learned to cut the graphics back a bit in SuperSites as it takes around 10secs to load. I will shortly be changing this to a conventional site compiled in the latest version of WD10 Premium. Mainly because of load time and concerns on how the Supersite might look to indexing robots (I would like to learn more about this.)

I think once you learn how to construct your sites to suit the way WD10 handles Variants - this will be a brilliant tool - Very well done Xara!!