Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Xara for simple web sites?

Recently a member posted on the Forum in response to a question from me, that Xara was suitable for simple websites up to 10 pages. I would like to know if most members agree with that statement. And, if so, in what ways does Xara fail to perform when there are more pages, say 20 pages on a website?

Larry

Default Re: Xara for simple web sites?

Hi Larry
    Well, I have sites with 18 pages (www.thegreygeek.us) and have done a few with over 24 pages in the past. So, I am not sure why some one doesn't think it is a suitable design platform, other than the .web or .xar file will get rather large and they cannot handle it on their older system? Who knows, maybe someone who is negative will tell us?

Thanks for your answer.

Larry

Bob, I should have also asked how your sites done in Xara rank in SEO by entering your keywords and product descriptions in the Utilities>Web Properties>Descriptions>Keywords area?

Larry

Absolutely it should handle that and more.

I have 111 pages in my website so far and it's working perfectly apart from 1 page, that of the home page. I'm sure it will be able to do what i want it to do i just don't think i know the program well enough to get creative with its potential. Hopfully i'm right and not just optimistic out of ignorance.

qxmseo ...

Not sure I know what you are saying. Do you feel that Xara is good for only 10 page sites .... or larger sites?

Larry

richinri

When you state: "Absolutely it should handle that and more" ... are you referring to how many pages Xara can handle ... or ... are you addressing it's SEO abilities?

Larry

Xara can certainly handle more than 10 pages. Was someone asking about SEO abilities?

What's the deal with it being good for small sites and maybe not large sites? Am i going to run into problems with a relatively large site do you think?