Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: WD Premium 10, update cripples program!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Brazil View Post
    Perhaps it's me getting something simple completely wrong, but I've just tried this fix, and all I get is a tiny part of the slideshow window, and nothing happening.

Here's what I have in the Body part of the placeholder -

<div class="'xr_noreset" <!-- Fix suggested by bb2 -->
    <!----begin------Insert to your webpage where you want to display the slider-->
    <div id="hislider1" style=" max-width:443px;max-height:318px;height:100%; margin: 0 auto;"><noscript>The slider is powered by <strong>Hi Slider</strong>, a easy jQuery image slider from <a target="_blank" href="hislider.com">hislider.com</a>. Please enable JavaScript to view.</noscript></div>
    </div> <!-- Fix suggested by bb2 -->

Also, I'm not really understanding why Hi Slider worked perfectly without any fix using WD 9, but as version 10 comes along, it all goes Pete Tong.

Nathan
    There are a great number of improvements in version 10, one of which is the ability to create a multiple variant site/ supersites and this requires a variety of technical changes, one of which is how plugins are invoked. plugins provided within the program have been updated accordingly but we cannot control how all third party plugins work and therefore some will require minor modifications.

Please try the following.

<!----begin------Insert to your webpage where you want to display the slider-->
    <div id="hislider1" class="xr_noreset" style=" max-width:443px;max-height:318px;height:100%; margin: 0 auto;"><noscript>The slider is powered by <strong>Hi Slider</strong>, a easy jQuery image slider from <a target="_blank" href="hislider.com">hislider.com</a>. Please enable JavaScript to view.</noscript></div>

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    If you want the site to be exported with multiple pages then export the site as a conventional site.
    Okay, I just tried this and exporting as a conventional site and using the fix setting, assuming I'm doing that right, which I may not be. Result, just the tiny bar indicating where the slide show should be on the index page, and nothing else.

As for saving as a Supersite, I misunderstood the feature of WD 10. If I'm understanding what you're telling me correctly, I can't use Page Transitions on a conventional website?

BTW, just tried exporting as supersite with fix in place, and what I'm now seeing is a tiny bar at the top of where the slide show should be, and the top few millimetres of the slide seem to be playing. So, it would seem that I have something wrong with how I've applied the fix?

Hi, Just tried replacing the Body placeholder code with the one above, and that results in the slideshow being the right size, but the images it contains only appearing partially, as if they're being displayed outside of the parameters of the box. Also, I can see the loading symbox continually whizzing around.

If I edit the Body placeholder to also include the fix parameters, I'm back to seeing a small bar where the slideshow should be, and the images appear to be displayed inside it, but all I can see are the top three or four millimentres!

Hi that's correct, Page transitions are supported for supersites and not conventional websites.

As for the plugin issue, what's the url please?

@abicadabra, well reply to your ticket directly.

Hi,

Just sent of an e-mail about this. But to respond here, I'm a bit cautious until I know what will happen. At the moment, I have the site in question working well using WD 9. In other words, the files there are NOT those produced by WD 10. If you make an alteration, will this be good for any future slideshows I make with HiSlider, and for other sites I have going, or would I need to refer back to Xara each time?

Thanks

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Brazil View Post
    Hi,

Just sent of an e-mail about this. But to respond here, I'm a bit cautious until I know what will happen. At the moment, I have the site in question working well using WD 9. In other words, the files there are NOT those produced by WD 10. If you make an alteration, will this be good for any future slideshows I make with HiSlider, and for other sites I have going, or would I need to refer back to Xara each time?

Thanks

Nathan
    The idea would be we show you what alterations are made so you can do it yourself in future.

thanks

Ah, that sounds excellent. The three URLs where I would currently like to use HiSLider shows, and WD 10, are -

www.inkdigital.org

www.isleofwightartist.com

www.waharbinson.eu.com/

Thanks,

Nathan

Oh dear, not quite as excellent as I'd thought. For the information of anyone else who has the same issues with using HiSLider or other third party programs with WD 10, it seems that I either have to have already published v10 files - which I obviously can't do if the slideshows no longer work- or upload all the files associated with the jquery slider in a zip to Xara tech for them to adjust.

Had I realised this I'd have stuck with v9, and it looks very much like I'll need to do that anyway, at least for sites that need/ use widgets considerably nicer than those provided with Xara products. Given that the peeps making Xara products are clearly very good at what they do, I can't understand why the range and ability of widgets is not already as good as what HiSlider and other such programs can offer.

A lesson learned.

Nathan

This is not the case. You're slideshow does not work in version 10. We are trying to assist you in resolving this.

In order to do so I would either need
    a) you to publish you v10 file and provide the url so i got a working set of files to work with (all the files which the slideshow references)
    b) you to provide a zip file with the relevant files for the plugin so i have all files I require locally.

Many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    This is not the case. You're slideshow does not work in version 10. We are trying to assist you in resolving this.
    It's day of misunderstanding. Okay, I've uploaded a copy of the site in question - remade with v10 and with the HiSlider fix in place - to a development area, and e-mailed you the URL. Will check back first thing tomorrow, and see if you need anything else.

BTW, could you please make it abundantly clear whether this alteration, once you've done it, can then be used on future HiSlider shows, without referring back to Xara?

Thanks,

Nathan