Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: WD Premium 10, update cripples program!

Hi bb2. You are such a help, thanks. It is just after 1am here downunder, and I need matches to keep my peepers open...so I will hit the hay and try your suggestions later today. I will keep you posted. Thanks again, Abi

Pleasure, Ill ensure the team checks for your ticket reply in the morning and ill visit this thread again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Thanks Abikadabra. From your description, heres another thing worth trying. If the program thinks you are unregistered then much of the DG will be inaccessible.

First of all, please un-install the program from the system again (using the appropriate Windows function).

Now, please manually delete the "installation.ini" file, which is a configuration file that was created during the first installation procedure. You can find this file in the following location on your hard drive:

* Under Windows 8
    C:\ProgramData\xara\[program name]\installation.ini

* Under Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    C:\ProgramData\xara\[program name]\installation.ini

* Under Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\xara\[program name]\installation.ini

Once you have located the "installation.ini" file, just delete it.

The location might differ depending on your choices during the installation process. E.g. the program might be on a different hard drive partition other than "C". In order to browse all of these system directories, you might also need to reconfigure your Windows Explorer to show invisible folders and files.

Once you're done with this procedure, please reinstall and activate the program.
    Ok, did the above and it reinstalled and gave me back the templates. Thanks for the info and your invaluable help. However, even though all the folders in the design gallery are now blue and should be accessible, they are not. Cannot access the Graphic Elements, the Clip Art, Photo Elements & Widgets, Text Panels, Presentation Components. I will contact support in a few hours after I have had a sleep and gone to work and done all that other stuff that entails normal living and doesn't involve tapping little black buttons whilst one's eyeballs scrape the desk in despair at 2.15 in the morning. Yawn yawn night night.

Have you tried Help>>Download Content Installer ?
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    HI Nathan, there were no changes in the area of publishing with todays update. Please post your ticket number so we can take a look.
    Just tried this, and my FTP program shows an upload, but I can't seem to see it in the Xara pane. Did you receive these files?

This morning, I tried again to use version 10, and with he same frustrating results. The only HTML file that is being exported, is Index.

Nathan

A couple of hours into the morning, and still no reply to this thread or my ticket - Ticket ID: QGW-297807.

I've since tried using the same file I sent to Xara, but with Web Designer Premium 9, and as expected, the Export Website command results in all the HTML files being exported to where they should be. Try that in version 10 - or at least my version 10 - and its still exporting juts the index.html file.

Making progress, almost. In the absence of word from Xara, I tried something else and found a difference in what happens. If I delete all Xara created files in the target folder and then select Export Website command, the HTML files that were previously missing suddenly appear!

The bad news is that the slide shows I'd included made with Hi Slider, then stop working. BTW, these are the very same slide shows that work perfectly, if I export using WD 9.

One step forward, two steps back.

Nathan,

HiSlider provides three line of code for the body of the placeholder.
    Wrap that code with a div class="'xr_noreset".

The code you enter into the html body section of the placeholder will look as seen below. Note the three indented line are created by HiSlider.

1 <div class="'xr_noreset" <!-- Fix suggested by bb2 -->
    2 <! ---begin-----Insert to your webpage where you want to display the slider-->
    3 ---- Line different depending on your slider. It is producted by hiSlider
    4 <! ---end-----Insert to your webpage where you want to display the slider-->
    5 </div> <!-- Fix suggested by bb2 -->

This fix was presented to me by bb2 and now I provide it to you. It appears to fix most of the third party items I use such as HiSlider, WowSlider, Virtual Lightbox, and VideoLightbox. Thank you bb2.

See the thread listed below:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...y-applications

Sorry this board will not keep the indents, so I numbered the lines instead. Lines 1 and 5 are the fix, while lines 2,3,4 are created by HiSlider. I hope this is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Brazil View Post
    A couple of hours into the morning, and still no reply to this thread or my ticket - Ticket ID: QGW-297807.

I've since tried using the same file I sent to Xara, but with Web Designer Premium 9, and as expected, the Export Website command results in all the HTML files being exported to where they should be. Try that in version 10 - or at least my version 10 - and its still exporting juts the index.html file.
    HI, we have received your .web file now. Your site is set to be a supersite > Page transitions. This means only one HTML page is exported. The contents of other pages are set as hidden containers within the exported page and their visibility is toggled to display the contents as required.

If you want the site to be exported with multiple pages then export the site as a conventional site.

bobsimoneau advise regarding the jquery plugin is spot on

Quote Originally Posted by bobsimoneau View Post
    This fix was presented to me by bb2 and now I provide it to you. It appears to fix most of the third party items I use such as HiSlider, WowSlider, Virtual Lightbox, and VideoLightbox. Thank you bb2.
    Perhaps it's me getting something simple completely wrong, but I've just tried this fix, and all I get is a tiny part of the slideshow window, and nothing happening.

Here's what I have in the Body part of the placeholder -

<div class="'xr_noreset" <!-- Fix suggested by bb2 -->
    <!----begin------Insert to your webpage where you want to display the slider-->
    <div id="hislider1" style=" max-width:443px;max-height:318px;height:100%; margin: 0 auto;"><noscript>The slider is powered by <strong>Hi Slider</strong>, a easy jQuery image slider from <a target="_blank" href="hislider.com">hislider.com</a>. Please enable JavaScript to view.</noscript></div>
    </div> <!-- Fix suggested by bb2 -->

Also, I'm not really understanding why Hi Slider worked perfectly without any fix using WD 9, but as version 10 comes along, it all goes Pete Tong.

Nathan