Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default WD Premium 10, update cripples program!

Is it me, or has anyone else found that today's update has had negative results?

Specifically, I'm finding that I can no longer export an entire website. Aside from index, no other HTML page is make the journey. Already tried rebooting system, restarting xara, making small changes to all pages on website in production... still the same problem.

I've submitted a ticket and gone back to version 9, for the time being. But this is rather irritating, as I'm currently unable to use the new features I juts forked out for!

Default Re: WD Premium 10, update cripples program!

Hi Nathan,

I was JUST downloading the update as I read your post. Just hit the Cancel button!

That's a worry! Can you not export at all? Even using File->Export Website...?

Please keep us informed via this thread as to your status..!

Quote Originally Posted by iannicholson View Post
    That's a worry! Can you not export at all? Even using File->Export Website...?
    Nothing I've been able to try so far has had any effect on this. Xara says it is exporting, but HTML pages don't show up at the destination. I've tried selecting them all, making small changes in an effort to get Xara to recognise they're present, but so far no luck. A ticket has been submitted and I await a response.

Switching back to version 9, allows repairs, but obviously can't handle anything specific to version 10.

BTW, I found another odd little issue with 10. The dialogue box for Supersites now appears with the 'OK' button not visible, until you work out you need to scroll down a short way. Doh!

After updating today my purchased version (that I have registered) has reverted to a trial copy, with no access to the templates, clipart etc (all the red files in the trial version). I have submitted a ticket to support. I have experienced quite a few problems with WD10, especially with annoying warning messages appearing all too intermittently and causing the programme to stop. I guess once things are ironed out this will be an awesome programme, but until that day happens I may need to revert back to WD9P.

HI Nathan, there were no changes in the area of publishing with todays update. Please post your ticket number so we can take a look.
    Abikadabra - after applying the patch did you see the activation screen again on first run? Please can you run the program.once running press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + 1 and include the information within the dialog ( or a screen grab) within your ticket? Please also let us know your ticket number

thanks

Abikadabra - as a followup, please can you also

a) run the program
    b) open the Designs Gallery
    c) Select More > empty disc cache
    d) close and restart the program causing the DG to update

If the program is registered and this does not resolve the problem then we will need to see a log file.

a) run the program
    b) open the Designs Gallery
    c) Select More > empty disc cache
    d) close the program
    e) Download DebugView from http://live.sysinternals.com/Dbgview.exe and then double click the file to run DebugView.
    f) run Web Designer again
    g) the program will update the DG. Upon completion save the log file and include it within your ticket reply

Thanks

Hi bb2. Yes, when I applied the patch the activation screen came up again, so I entered the serial number yet again. A green tick confirmed the number, and another green tick confirmed my email. When I click on Help>About Xara Web Designer Premium it shows me as the licensee, and my company number, and this also shows in a box when I open the programme. I just closed the programme and reopened it to check it, and when it opens it tells me that the product is not registered, even though it is. So, it is showing that I own the software but telling me it is not registered, although I have done this twice already. I tried Ctrl + Alt etc with the programme running but nothing happened. Info from support - Ticket ID: HNT-126211

oh, just saw you have given me more info. Will get back to you after I try it.

Thanks Abikadabra. From your description, heres another thing worth trying. If the program thinks you are unregistered then much of the DG will be inaccessible.

First of all, please un-install the program from the system again (using the appropriate Windows function).

Now, please manually delete the "installation.ini" file, which is a configuration file that was created during the first installation procedure. You can find this file in the following location on your hard drive:

* Under Windows 8
    C:\ProgramData\xara\[program name]\installation.ini

* Under Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    C:\ProgramData\xara\[program name]\installation.ini

* Under Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\xara\[program name]\installation.ini

Once you have located the "installation.ini" file, just delete it.

The location might differ depending on your choices during the installation process. E.g. the program might be on a different hard drive partition other than "C". In order to browse all of these system directories, you might also need to reconfigure your Windows Explorer to show invisible folders and files.

Once you're done with this procedure, please reinstall and activate the program.

Hi bb2. I followed the first procedure and for some reason when I restarted the programme, a box appeared telling me that the update had stopped because it was corrupt. But I had not even requested an update, the box just appeared on its own accord!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	updatecorrupt.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	101931