Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default WD Premium 10, update cripples program!

Is it me, or has anyone else found that today's update has had negative results?

Specifically, I'm finding that I can no longer export an entire website. Aside from index, no other HTML page is make the journey. Already tried rebooting system, restarting xara, making small changes to all pages on website in production... still the same problem.

I've submitted a ticket and gone back to version 9, for the time being. But this is rather irritating, as I'm currently unable to use the new features I juts forked out for!

Default Re: WD Premium 10, update cripples program!

Hi Nathan,

I was JUST downloading the update as I read your post. Just hit the Cancel button!

That's a worry! Can you not export at all? Even using File->Export Website...?

Please keep us informed via this thread as to your status..!

Quote Originally Posted by iannicholson View Post
    That's a worry! Can you not export at all? Even using File->Export Website...?
    Nothing I've been able to try so far has had any effect on this. Xara says it is exporting, but HTML pages don't show up at the destination. I've tried selecting them all, making small changes in an effort to get Xara to recognise they're present, but so far no luck. A ticket has been submitted and I await a response.

Switching back to version 9, allows repairs, but obviously can't handle anything specific to version 10.

BTW, I found another odd little issue with 10. The dialogue box for Supersites now appears with the 'OK' button not visible, until you work out you need to scroll down a short way. Doh!

After updating today my purchased version (that I have registered) has reverted to a trial copy, with no access to the templates, clipart etc (all the red files in the trial version). I have submitted a ticket to support. I have experienced quite a few problems with WD10, especially with annoying warning messages appearing all too intermittently and causing the programme to stop. I guess once things are ironed out this will be an awesome programme, but until that day happens I may need to revert back to WD9P.

HI Nathan, there were no changes in the area of publishing with todays update. Please post your ticket number so we can take a look.
    Abikadabra - after applying the patch did you see the activation screen again on first run? Please can you run the program.once running press Ctrl + Alt + Shift + 1 and include the information within the dialog ( or a screen grab) within your ticket? Please also let us know your ticket number

thanks

Abikadabra - as a followup, please can you also

a) run the program
    b) open the Designs Gallery
    c) Select More > empty disc cache
    d) close and restart the program causing the DG to update

If the program is registered and this does not resolve the problem then we will need to see a log file.

a) run the program
    b) open the Designs Gallery
    c) Select More > empty disc cache
    d) close the program
    e) Download DebugView from http://live.sysinternals.com/Dbgview.exe and then double click the file to run DebugView.
    f) run Web Designer again
    g) the program will update the DG. Upon completion save the log file and include it within your ticket reply

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    HI Nathan, there were no changes in the area of publishing with todays update. Please post your ticket number so we can take a look.
    Just tried this, and my FTP program shows an upload, but I can't seem to see it in the Xara pane. Did you receive these files?

This morning, I tried again to use version 10, and with he same frustrating results. The only HTML file that is being exported, is Index.

Nathan