Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: WD Premium 10, update cripples program!

Hi, thanks for providing the link.

I viewed the code.

you have set the placeholders html code (body) to read

<div class="'xr_noreset" <!-- Fix suggested by bb2 -->
    <!----begin------Insert to your webpage where you want to display the slider-->
    <div id="hislider1" class="xr_noreset" style=" max-width:443px;max-height:318px;height:100%; margin: 0 auto;">
    <noscript>The slider is powered by <strong>Hi Slider</strong>, a easy jQuery image slider from <a target="_blank" href="hislider.com">hislider.com</a>. Please enable JavaScript to view.</noscript></div>
    </div> <!-- Fix suggested by bb2 -->

It should be changed to read

<div id="hislider1" class="xr_noreset" style=" max-width:443px;max-height:318px;height:100%; margin: 0 auto;">
    <noscript>The slider is powered by <strong>Hi Slider</strong>, a easy jQuery image slider from <a target="_blank" href="hislider.com">hislider.com</a>. Please enable JavaScript to view.</noscript></div>

So the only amendment from the original code is the inclusion of class="xr_noreset"

Thanks

I could not get HiSlider to work with class="xr_noreset" had to use class="xwidget"

This is how my body html looks:
    <div id="hislider1" class="xwidget" style=" max-width:960px;max-height:360px;height:100%; margin: 0 auto;"><noscript>The slider is powered by <strong>Hi Slider</strong>, a easy jQuery image slider from <a target="_blank" href="hislider.com">hislider.com</a>. Please enable JavaScript to view.</noscript></div>
    <!----end------Insert to your webpage where you want to display the slider-->

Slider working, see www.bobsimoneau.com

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    So the only amendment from the original code is the inclusion of class="xr_noreset"
    Ah-ha, success at 50%. What i mean by that is, following these much clearer instructions, I now have HiSlider working with v10, at least for conventional websites. Any attempt to do this using a Supersite, and HiSlider is continually loading, with no graphics ever appearing.

Still not sure why I had to upload a version of the site in question, when all I really needed was to be shown an example of how and where to insert the code. But thanks anyway. ;-)

Aside from making this work with Supersites, in the future why not do a licensing deal with HiSlider and other add-ons that Xara users prefer? An additional purchase, similar to the in-app world of IOS. That way, such products could be kept functional, there's less hassle for Xara Tech, everyone makes a few more quids and users are happy peeps.

Nathan

Quote Originally Posted by bobsimoneau View Post
    Slider working, see www.bobsimoneau.com
    Morning Bob. Site looking good. Did you find a way to make this work using Supersites?

Nathan

I threw together a supersite just to test, and it worked. I could not get the files to attach. They must be to big. Use the link below to get them.

www.bobsimoneau.com/SuperSiteSliderFiles.zip

Quote Originally Posted by bobsimoneau View Post
    I threw together a supersite just to test, and it worked. I could not get the files to attach. They must be to big. Use the link below to get them.

www.bobsimoneau.com/SuperSiteSliderFiles.zip
    Many thanks, will have a bash over the weekend.

Nathan

Hi bb2. I actually replied to this thread a couple of hours ago, but the response doesnt seem to have registered on here. Just want to say a big thank you for your help. After following your steps but not being able to get the design elements in the design gallery, I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it again. I did this twice and finally the software is showing all elements in the design gallery. Thanks again for your help. Cheers, Abi
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Oh, and I have informed support and closed the ticket. Btw, I was very impressed with the quick response from support when I first submitted my ticket.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says, 'Oh s$%#t....she's awake!'

Quote Originally Posted by bb2 View Post
    Working well for conventional sites, but despite help here, still can't get HiSlider shows working when I try a Supersite.

Nathan