Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: what I see

Default what I see

Hello all,
    I just downloaded graphic pro 9, and am trying out web page design. Years ago I made a few pages, and would like to upgrade them. I can import them but it seems my html code is not always right, (I am old 78) I would like to be able to view them, in the HTML form If I can find how to do that, as I have some graphics made with Xara X and Xara 3D graphics. I am waiting for my new disk to arrive with the manual. thanks in advance

Default Re: what I see

Welcome to TalkGraphics Skipduf

Do you mean Designer Pro 9 or Web Designer 9?

Both programs are WYSIWYG design programs, not HTML editors. You can Import web pages (Import Text and Graphics from the Web) and the text and graphics come in pretty much is the proper order. But any mouse over effects are lost and anything not visible on the page is lost.

So you need to recreate your buttons and tweak the content to make sure it is in the proper position.

So I cannot import and view my older sites and edit by hand my HTML, btw thanks for answering so quick. I have the pro which has the web page 10 included , and a couple more programs. I was hoping that when you have a web page imported that you could switch back to the html code fix any errors and switch back to WYSIWYG. for instances I put all the text in a table which takes so my of the page, but when I import it from my older programs the text is not in a table with the size of put in the original,
    I understand the mouse over and any gel buttons I created with Xara X I would have to do over, I also have a spinning UN logo which I think you helped me with when I first started back then

Each time you preview and/or publish your website, Xara generates new HTML so editing it does not make a lot of sense.

On the other hand, the best thing about Xara web design is you don't have to fuss with HTML editing.

You can insert code into your document using placeholders (see Help > Index > Placeholder Objects). This adds some flexibility to the program.

Thanks I will give it a try, ...

My opinion is that if you are going to use a WYSIWYG web creator like Xara, then takes this time to redesign your site. You can easily copy the text out of the browser, you can reuse images if desired. But take the little bit of time to play with a couple of the templates to see how to go about it.

There are also YouTube videos, and the XaraXone that has some great tutorials by the above Gary on making web sites with Xara products.

Mike

Totally agree with Mike.

Now's the time to make those changes that you always wanted to make, or gasp, even start from scratch and give the site and the content a makeover.

Thanks to both of you I will bite the bullet and wait until I get the disk with the manual, takes a bit of time from Across the pond to Nova Scotia.. BTW from what I see
    the Designer Pro 9X is excellent, so if I ask questions it is not the program but this old brain not up to scratch. thanks again
    Last edited by Skipduf; 08 May 2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: miss spelled words