Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Tables - WD 10 Premium

Has this version added a facility for WYSIWYG tables? This was a showstopper for me in the last version. Don't need a full-blown CMS, just to be able to have a table with a few articles, authors and dates, easily updated by a client who considers himself non-technical. (I'm aware of the Google docs integration, excel import and the basic table widget introducted in V9 etc., But my questions is just about a native feature for adding/removing rows of data (e.g. when my client wants to add an article to his list).

Thanks
    Yaffa

Default Re: Tables - WD 10 Premium

Yaffa, this Thread may give you a few ideas: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...for-cms-option.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks, yes, I'm familiar with these and use some of them, but they are too complicated for what my clients need.
    Yaffa

Yaffa, I had a play with native tables a time back: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...Dynamic-Tables
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn, I do appreciate this workaround - but like the other people who replied in the thread you quoted, I can't sell anything like this to most of the folks with.

BTW, they are not thinking in terms of cells or inserting an Excel file. They see the beautiful layout and incredible ease of use for Xara and simply want to insert and change a list of what's important to them (their next performances, books, whatever) without bothering about different software.

Yaffa