Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Default Retro UI element

This was part of a UI design, whose programmer gave up on it. Supposed to be an mp3 jukebox; this was the minimized state.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	retro-play-button.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	110380

The render wasn't nearly as complex as the design. I took a look at all my favorite program UIs back when a piece of art was the goal and not this Spartan stuff, like Painter 5 and lower. I also took a look at Layne Karkruff's UI illustrations, owner of Blue Sky Heart Graphics (who refuses to understand that web pages need text as text in 2015!). Mind-blowing hyper-realistic stuff many of us could learn from.

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: Retro UI element

You've been busy. All outstanding images.
    Mark Beckemeyer AKA (buckobeck)
    Amateur artist and hobbyist macro photographer. I like bugs.
    buckobecks.com

Every time I view this I see something different and awesome. Blue sky heaqrt graphics has some really nice images so I boodmarked it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Gare,
    You have a great imagination to go along with your ability to create great art!
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Default Photoshop 5.5 Fundamentals

Thanks, Ron!

Okay, a book I wrote back in 1996 went out of print a while back, which means the rights to the art revert back to me. I actually had the nerve to design the cover of an Adobe Photoshop book entirely in Xara. "Pinhead Art" (New Yorker illustrator Saul Steinberg did a lot to drive it into the public eye), primitive yet expressive drawings of people with small heads, was a movement that began digitally on the Mac.

Enough qualifications!

Name:	55Fundamentals Art.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	110439

Default Perfume bottle

Here's some evidence to prove that "photorealism" is easiest to fake when your subject is hard geometry, and you remove color from your composition.

This took very little time, and was a part of an illustration...um, illustrating the principle of mirror angles in reflections.

Name:	Perfume-bottle.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	39.6 KB 
ID:	110440

It ain't the best design for a perfume bottle, but it was easier to imagine one than to get my hindquarters sued off by an actual product rendering.

So there, Chanel! Nyah! Mine is Number 6!

-g

Default DuChamp's Main Squeeze

I don't think I will live long enough to try to again attempt something as ambitious as my Cubist piece "DuChamp's Main Squeeze", below. To draw this, I first modeled the girl. After printing a large copy of it, I put it in front of the window in our front door when sunlight was shining through. The window is both frosted and patterned glass, which broke up the printed image. I photographed the view. I'd always wondered what it woulds look like to draw something as abstract as our view—after a while, friends and family begin to look like rectangles and triangles!

I brought the photo into Xara, and then got to drawing the figure from reference, and occasionally copying part of the photo. Mind you, this was not an automated process! Sure, I could have traced off the whole thing, but there were a lot of areas that just didn't look right and called for inventing the awkward-looking area.

Name:	DuChamp'sMainSqueeze.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	110460

My Best,

Gary

Default Re: DuChamp's Main Squeeze

Hi Gare, would it please you to know that there is an app for that. (I admire your patience and tenacity by the way.)
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Default Re: DuChamp's Main Squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Hi Gare, would it please you to know that there is an app for that. (I admire your patience and tenacity by the way.)
    Bob.
    Hi Bob,

Well, since I've "been there, done that", I'm not likely to do any more experimental art with this filter or without...but it really does look nice, thanks for the tip.

How about I run my original render through it and compare my version versus the automated way?

My Best,

Gary

Default Woamn in Repose or Somthing

Okay, I'm not going to try to top something that was a year in the making, but rather continue the roll of, "My 5 year old daughter can do better Surrealism drawings than this Crap"...artwork.

Q; What do you call a flounder?

A: A fish that was designed by Picasso.

Name:	abstract.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	110464

Name:  g cubist tiny.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  4.0 KB