Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How can I adjust the bottom page margin? (Xara Web Designer 9)

I am building a website using Xara Web designer 9.

It's easy to adjust "top page margin" -- there is video tutorial on Youtube. But I met a problem when I tried to make a bottom page margin. There is the description:

Please see this web page made by my friend, there is a margin. So the page looks like a piece of paper flowing on the background. Very nice.
    [attachment file 1]

But please look at my page (I am still working on it). There is nothing when I scroll all the way down in the browser. I cannot see the page shadow..
    [attachment file 2]

If you are capable of adjusting bottom page margin in Xara web designer, could you let me know? I tried everything.. Appreciate your suggestion.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no1 2.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	101781   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	no2 2.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	101782  

Default Re: How can I adjust the bottom page margin? (Xara Web Designer 9)

I am sorry but I cannot insert image from computer, the "Select File" button in the "insert image" window doesn't work, may be it's because I am using Mac OS. Please see attached files. Left image is no. 1, and Right image is no. 2.

Is this happening with every page or just this page?

I have come across this problem once or twice but just on individual pages and not the whole site.

The way I got around the single page issue is I created a new page and copied and pasted the content from the problem page onto the new page then deleted the problem page.

Oh, I haven't come to question of "happening on which page".. Because I never succeed on any single page!

That means you can make it happen on at least one page -- it's doable with xara -- could you tell me the technique? Where can I find what kind of staff to adjust the bottom margin? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Is this happening with every page or just this page?

I have come across this problem once or twice but just on individual pages and not the whole site.

The way I got around the single page issue is I created a new page and copied and pasted the content from the problem page onto the new page then deleted the problem page.

Well I assume you are working on a Mac with a Windows emulator?

In Windows, you should be able to drag the dashed line at the bottom of the page downward. Also the right hand side works the same way.

You can also go to Page Options > Page Size and change the depth of the page.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	drag.png 
Views:	117 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	101784  

No, I have a Win 7 installed on my macbook. when I'm using Xara, I will switch to Win 7 to edit the website.

Dragging the dashed line wouldn't work because the page size/bottom side will change with the movement of that dashed line.

But fortunately, I run into a solution accidentally by doing this:

Changing the background layer which is originally locked, unlock that you will find a rectangular object and shadow grouped together. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QQ??20140429182103.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	101790

Then click the rectangular object, make it round cornered. Then upload the website, and I see this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled picture.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	101791

There is a shadow at the bottom of the webpage.

Thanks for your help! you are right the effect cannot applied to all pages, so I have changed the web margins page by page.

Ah, which brings up another point. There is a page setting, All pages in Website are the Same Size. This should be un-checked.

Ok, I got it. I un-checked it. My pages don't have identical sizes. But regarding the page margins (top margin, bottom margin), though I have worked it out, yet I don't understand how it works -- I mean, which controls the margins, and how to adjust the page margin.

It happens automatically. So I just don't touch it again..