Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Third party applications

I have watch several videos showing how to add WoWSlider, VirtualLightbox, and VideoLightbox to XARA sites. All of the videos use outdated versions of Web designer. I have followed them with WD 9 & 10 as well as Designer Pro X9. I have been unable to get a single version to work. Is there something different between the old and new Web Designer when it comes to replace with HTML. All the demos also start with a blank page, can it be done on and existing page below the current head section?

Default Re: Third party applications

After trying again several times, it worked for WowSlider. I don't think I did anything different. I made a placeholder and added the header section from the sliders html into the placeholder head and the body from the sliders html into the placeholder body. Note to self: Try several times before giving up.

Also, make sure if these apps generate additional folders that you add these folders to the root directory where your site is published. The script you copied into the placeholder will reference these folders (if they exist) and if the browser does not find the referenced folder then the effect will not work.

Yes, after spending most of yesterday afternoon, and this morning fiddling around, to get a three picture slideshow to work, that had previously worked before perfectly, I had to manually upload three images to my root-file and then rename them the numbers they were referenced by Xara by detective work in the source code.

I think something has gone a bit wrong here and some bugs need ironing out.

In the meantime my WD10 will sit unused on my desktop and WD9 will still get used.

I wouldn't say I was majorly uphappy but I have spent a good part of yesterday and most of today uploading, deleting and changing files and Web Designers to get back to where I was before I bought WD10. Maybe it's the way iPage format their rootfiles but either way I'm glad I only have one business site that is paid for by the customer [friend] to maintain at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by David Strover View Post
    Yes, after spending most of yesterday afternoon, and this morning fiddling around, to get a three picture slideshow to work, that had previously worked before perfectly, I had to manually upload three images to my root-file and then rename them the numbers they were referenced by Xara by detective work in the source code.

I think something has gone a bit wrong here and some bugs need ironing out.

In the meantime my WD10 will sit unused on my desktop and WD9 will still get used.

I wouldn't say I was majorly uphappy but I have spent a good part of yesterday and most of today uploading, deleting and changing files and Web Designers to get back to where I was before I bought WD10. Maybe it's the way iPage format their rootfiles but either way I'm glad I only have one business site that is paid for by the customer [friend] to maintain at the moment.
    In the thread I started about a fault with WD10 I explained how this was resolved. Apparently it was something to with iPage as far as I can work out. So I apologised to just about everyone and will now shut my big gob for some time you'll be please to know!

Spoke to soon. A dozen attempts at adding a hislider to my Xara website have failed. I just can not figure out the html placeholder. I put a rectangular place hold and put the header code from hislider in the header and the body code in the body section and it will not work. See: www.bobsimoneau.com. It just spins and spins. I know the necessary files are there. This is shown by viewing www.bobsimoneau.com/slider.html

I seem to have problems with all third party code. I am running: Xara Web Designer Premium 10.0.1.33745 DL x64 Apr 30 2014

I can confirm this Bob.

All I see is the spinning cursor.

Rather then keep the site broken I replaced the index.htm with one that uses a Xara Widget. I kept the bad page in case someone can help.

I just can not figure out the html placeholder. I put a rectangular place hold and put the header code from hislider in the header and the body code in the body section and it will not work. See: www.bobsimoneau.com/badindex.htm. It just spins and spins. I know the necessary files are there. This is shown by viewing www.bobsimoneau.com/slider.html.

I seem to have problems with all third party code. I am running: Xara Web Designer Premium 10.0.1.33745 DL x64 Apr 30 2014

I think there is something in WD10 javascript that can affect some placeholder code. I had some problems with getting a different javascript gallery working that worked fine in DP9. In the end I managed to get it working by wrapping the placeholder body code with <div class="xwidget"></div> - not sure if it will work for you but give it a try.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Xtom,

You were dead on. I added class="xwidget" to the div tag created for the placeholder. www.bobsimoneau.com/badindex.htm now works as advertised. Later tonight after work I shall update my start page. Thank you so much.