Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Time table for XD 10?

Quote Originally Posted by SignPig View Post
    Same old routine, if you forked out for their most expensive product, you will have to wait at least a couple of months for the new tools or if you want them sooner you will need to buy/upgrade a program that you will never use again once the new version of XDP comes out. Why do they do this?
    I totally agree with you. It's very frustrating, not being able to use the new responsive tool (because I need it right now for a client).
    I own Designer Pro X9. Xara/Magix should at least offert a reduced price for buying Xara Web Designer 10 when you own Designer Pro X9.

30 day trial
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Quote Originally Posted by tod View Post
    I totally agree with you. It's very frustrating, not being able to use the new responsive tool (because I need it right now for a client).
    I own Designer Pro X9. Xara/Magix should at least offert a reduced price for buying Xara Web Designer 10 when you own Designer Pro X9.
    Tod,

I also own Designer Pro X9. I was able to purchase a "crossgrade" of Web Designer 10 for $19.99 USD. The warning was that it would not be applied to my upgrade purchase - so, if I'm worried about $20 then I should wait for the Pro X10 upgrade. However, since I wanted to try it on some sites I went ahead and paid the $19.99.

I am able to run both versions and not getting the corrupt error you show in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodeist View Post
    30 day trial
    Not a lot of use as there is usually much longer between releases, as is the case here, yet again.
    James Kelly

if it is that important then what wfcentral suggested is surely worth it, but the longer you leave the less so, maybe
    Last edited by handrawn; 16 June 2014 at 12:38 PM. Reason: typo
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm finding the wait for XD(?)Pro very unfortunate as well. I was stupid enough to produce a site in the WD10 trial with the responsive feature and now the site needs amending and my trial has run out. Do I buy WD10 and use it once to amend an existing site or wait, and possible wait some more, for XD11Pro (or whatever it will be called). Why not release the flagship programme first and the other stuff later for those that don't want to fork out for the full Designer Pro?
    I know its not the done thing, but a hint for a release date to stop people spending money unnecessarily would be a way of looking after regular and faithful customers.

revenue streams is what it's about when it comes to the order of releases I would think ...

if you look on the xara website at what's currently on offer it seems unlikely that 'XDP ver10' will come out before july ....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by masque View Post
    Why not release the flagship programme first and the other stuff later for those that don't want to fork out for the full Designer Pro?
    As XDP has everything it would require all features to be available at once. Releasing, say, the new web facilities as soon as they are available rather than waiting for, say, graphics or dtp makes economic sense, even it it is frustrating for those of us with the whole program.
    Tony