Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Web Designer 10 Released

As someone who has used muse a bit I can say that the differences are:

RWD - muse also has this but not as good; it creates seperate html files for each variant and is limited to two variants.

Dynamic - Muse is completely dynamic; it has designated header and footer areas and the page expands according to demands of any dynamic code, so for instance ecwid pages will shorten and lenghten accordingly.

Parallax - Think of any parralax effects and muse can do them, fading parralax effects, animated parralax effects etc etc.

Widgets - the community can create widgets such as slideshows or button effects (such as fading rollovers) and you can install them into you library, and there are already hundreds created since the launch of this feature in November 2013. All widgets such as slideshows or tabs or accordians are fully customisable (size, colours etc etc. Widgets include full screen slideshows.

Rollover effects - there is a dedicated States option which means you can create inactive state, hover state, active state, visited state for anything without resorting to layers.

Forms - built-in form creator with the form backend hosted on your own servers (must have latest php) Every aspect of the form is customisable.

CMS - there is a full cms built in which allows a client to update anything you let them and all styles (fonts for headings etc) are kept, the interface for the control panel is similar to wordpress but fully wysiwyg. At the moment this feature is only available if you take Adobe Business Catalyst hosting (you get this free with the subscription) but according to reports is coming soon no matter where the site is hosted.

If you are used to any adobe products then you'll be able to use it to create a site within hours, if not then it's a couple of days learning but remember that the adobe muse community is far larger than xaras.

I had got to 98% completion of my own site with xara when I decided to go with muse for it's potential to creat stunning creative sites but then xara made it difficult for me and went and released v10, and to be honest (baring some teething problems with the rwd) I will go with webdesigner simply because the route they have taken with achieving responsive web design is far better, google recommend that only one html file is created for each page and webdesigner does this, whereas muse creates three separate html files, so for seo purposes it is far far better. I will still be using muse for some dynamic sites which require ecommerce.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thanks for that overview, skech, really good stuff. Nice to hear that Xara implemented a RWD solution that is even better than Muse's. Pretty amazing that small Xara can keep up with giant Adobe and be competitive. Congratulations team!

Of course we hope that dynamic pages will be implemented, as well as CMS.

Skech also thanks for your overview, feeling very valuable for orientation

Sketches comments about not having multiple main pages is VERY important. There is much talk already that sites designed like Muse does now will actually take a hit in search engines for having multiple main pages. So it appears Xara was real smart on their implementation.

How long will the introductory offer last?

Quote Originally Posted by tylerzambori View Post
    How long will the introductory offer last?
    Hi Tyler, it seems the thinking is that it's not actually an introductory offer at all. Thanks for asking!
    Hope that helps!

I have Designer Pro x9. Are the new Web Designer features in v10 going to be updated into Designer Pro X9? thanks.

Bob - I cannot say for sure, but if the past is any indication, then I fully expect this to be true.

Was wondering if the new features in WD10 will be included in the next Designer Pro X?

db

you said
    Quote Originally Posted by dbluez View Post
    Was wondering if the new features in WD10 will be included in the next Designer Pro X?
    our survey said
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Bob - I cannot say for sure, but if the past is any indication, then I fully expect this to be true.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.