Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Jagged text

Default Jagged text

For some reason now whenever I type using the text tool the text outline is jagged. I don't know what setting I inadvertently hit but the the text is no longer smooth. I've searched for an anti-aliasing function, but can't find one. Any idea what I may have done or how to return the typed text to it's original smooth edges? Tks.

Default Re: Jagged text

check to see if you have an outline accidently applied to the text -
    Glenn

Also, check your view quality display setting (Window > View Quality)

After a huge amount of time spent trying to figure out what was happening I finally found the answer. Just by pure happenstance I right clicked on the screen and a menu popped up. I clicked Quality (not knowing what it referred to), and it gave me choices of Outlines, Full Color, High Quality, and Very High Quality. It was set at Full Color and after changing it to Very High Quality my fonts returned to normal. Sure not a very intuitive process for anti-aliasing, but eventually by pure dumb luck I resolved it. Thanks for the replies.

I was correct then?

Yes, you were correct. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to open your response until after I stumbled upon the fix myself. Had I been at my PC and opened your reply before I went to lunch it would have saved me time. Thanks for helping out, appreciate the quick response.

Gary

I am having the same issue. Tried adjusting the view quality to no avail and checked other settings also. However, nothing seems to help. It appears that the letter W shows the jagged text the most. Although I am sure other characters show jagged edges to some extent when enlarged. Attached is a xar and png file. Any suggestions? Oh, I'm using version 7.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample-file.png 
Views:	167 
Size:	13.5 KB 
ID:	112077  
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's just down to your screen resolution Steve. You will always get this effect. If you preview the same xar file in a browser, you will see the same effect. The only way to avoid this is buying a higher resolution monitor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ssg_7.png 
Views:	165 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	112080  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hmm... Guess it's time to upgrade the technology.

Thanks! Just saw your reply.