Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi folks,..just jumped into X1 as I LOVE Xara!! That being siad, I was HORRIFIED to see once again the innaccuracies of the color picker!! What is going on here???

I have a very nice and completely accurate color finder tool that selects a color on your screen and reveals the true RGB, HEX, CMYK values. I have used it for years and it is rock solid. Just yesterday I had to make a decent match for a job I was working on and I selected the colors, wrote down the values and then entered them into Xara X1 's color menu. What a disaster! Totally different and really not even close. We're talking the difference between Navy blue and sky blue. Xara (the original) was bad enough, but this is waaaay out of whack!! I'm going to test CMYK next,..but I'm assuming it will only be just as bad as RGB. Is there anyway to re-calibrate Xara?

Hi folks,..just jumped into X1 as I LOVE Xara!! That being siad, I was HORRIFIED to see once again the innaccuracies of the color picker!! What is going on here???

I have a very nice and completely accurate color finder tool that selects a color on your screen and reveals the true RGB, HEX, CMYK values. I have used it for years and it is rock solid. Just yesterday I had to make a decent match for a job I was working on and I selected the colors, wrote down the values and then entered them into Xara X1 's color menu. What a disaster! Totally different and really not even close. We're talking the difference between Navy blue and sky blue. Xara (the original) was bad enough, but this is waaaay out of whack!! I'm going to test CMYK next,..but I'm assuming it will only be just as bad as RGB. Is there anyway to re-calibrate Xara?

Probably a stupid question, but is RGB being measured in % or 0-255?

TPD
    Welcome
    Not sure why your getting this problem. Maybe this will help. Create a square then reduce your Xara window size.
    Now with the square selected, open the colour editor, choose the eyedroper, go outside the Xara window, and select the target colour from the target window.

This way you don't need to enter any numerical values into Xara nor check wether their % or 0-255 values.

They should match. (If not check you haven't got 'Show Printer Colours' selected).

Meanwhile how about posting an example of your inaccuracies?

Egg
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

OK,..now it's just ticking me off!!! I create a box and I open the color tool. I select RGB model. Now when I start to fill in the values,..I notice the first value returning itself to 100% before I can even finish typing in the last value!!

You can see in this attachment how the value returns to 100% before I can even finsh tyoing in the values.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shot2.gif 
Views:	442 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	9691  

Here is the original source using my color picker tool that has never failed me before. It doesn't matter if it's a flat square or an image as shown below, Xara will not accept the values and/or has a completely different color when it does.

Name:	shot1.gif 
Views:	434 
Size:	85.4 KB 
ID:	11957  

Hi Todd,

It sounds like your color units are set to percent. Open the Utilities > Options and select Units.

Name:	options.gif 
Views:	399 
Size:	9.2 KB 
ID:	14215  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

RGB values from your example.

Name:	color.jpg 
Views:	406 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	16476  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I would suggest restarting Xara, if still goofy, then try reinstalling xara. the color editor works fine for me.

Xara is the first to admit they do not go hog wild over the gamut. White, black and the primary colors are on the money tho. The further you go from there, and xara drifts from being right on. Last I looked, flesh tones where not considered a primary color. http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif