Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default The completed results really surprised me.

I felt total peace as I worked this morning. The completed results really surprised me, from a dead image to one that is clear and filled with life.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-19_7-04-36 Before.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	101632   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-04-19_7-05-56 After.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	149.1 KB 
ID:	101633  

Last edited by laser1; 19 April 2014 at 02:56 PM.

Default Re: The completed results really surprised me.

Looks good laser1. It looks like you improved the perspective somewhat but stayed with the 3 point look. Most architectural delineators normally keep all the vertical faces vertical. Other than that you did a wonderful job.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes, thank you for your comments. I was only working on a challenge to improve the flat, dull image of the old photograph to a crisp, vivid colorful one. I was not concerned with the composition of the photograph... Thanks again...

I myself have not done much with perspective or Architectural Delineation using the computer. Everything I did was all hand done and so tight. I longed to be loose but never was allowed in my profession. When I took up oil painting I was able to loosen up by using a large brush. Then health issues put a stop to that, so now for a long time I just do the best I can and mostly do goofy stuff, and try to learn from you guys.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I know what you mean, I envy artist that are able to draw with carefree flare of hand. Now being 79 years old, I no longer have a steady hand.

I located a photo of buildings with extreme tilt. I quickly corrected most of the tilt, but I did not attempt to correct the color etc... Notice how the buildings took on a different appearance... Many photographers and artist desire the extreme tilt. If someone wanted to pay the price, they could purchase a costly lens with a tilt correction adjustment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	correcting tilt.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	101643