Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Shape tool: turn off click drag

I have a lot of tracing to do with the shape tool(f4) and need to get it done fast. I keep finding that the point moves from where I first pressed... It is very annoying and I keep having to adjust the line. Is there a way to turn off click drag for the shape tool? Maybe in the registry?

Thanks

Default Re: Shape tool: turn off click drag

Turn off Snap to Objects.

Hi Gary, its not snap to objects that is the problem, it is that when using the tool and you click your next point holding down the left mouse and moving allows you to drag the point around before it is executed. I supose it is because I am not giving enough time before clicking and moving the mouse... it would be handy if this could be turned off as it will allow me to trace much faster

it may just be that you are moving the mouse before you let go of the button, easy done when working fast

it's possible that changing the speed of your mouse in MS windows settings might help, may be worth a try

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    it may just be that you are moving the mouse before you let go of the button, easy done when working fast

it's possible that changing the speed of your mouse in MS windows settings might help, may be worth a try
    I will give that a try, cheers!