Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default A few problems but not too bad - screen redraw and fill and transparency controls

Hello,

Sorry if this illustration is muddled, I will try to explain.

I'm having a little problem loosing the control handles on complex drawings, and think it is mostly due to my video card Intel HD4000, what is happening is if I have a object selected that has another object with a live effect placed on top of it, the transparency or fill tool gradient handles are either missing or the line between them that is used for adding more control points is missing. This does not happen all the time and usually it just takes minimizing and maximizing the Xara program window to clear up the screen redraw problem.

Next I can not select through a stack of objects that have live effects on them by holding down the Alt key and left clicking, maybe just one layer deep but that's it.

Sometimes control handle bits stay on the stay on the screen even after the object are de-selected, this is also fixed by minimizing and maximizing the Xara program window.

Here is the laptop specs,

Toshiba Intel based i3 2.40Ghz
    8GB Ram
    500GB HD 325GB free

Once again not huge problems, I mostly use the Outlines feature to get around in the document when these types of things happen.

Thanks

Default Re: A few problems but not too bad - screen redraw and fill and transparency controls

Can you post an example .xar file that has the problem?
    ~Fred

Default Re: A few problems but not too bad - screen redraw and fill and transparency controls

Hi Fred,

I'm going to try it out my other computer with a better video card and see if the problem can be reproduced and post back any findings, thank for your willingness to check out the problem.

Sorry double post browser hanged and I clicked again to post.

Quote Originally Posted by ZamJam View Post
    minimizing and maximizing the Xara program window to clear up the screen redraw problem.
    you can redraw the screen using ctrl+shift+t and if you have designer pro you can customise that [it is 'Time redraw' in the list]

Zam because of the screen res that I use I have huge problems with the control handles so I use this help to get the blob sizes bigger. Have a look here at least try it to see if it makes a difference: http://www.xaraxone.com/html/xareg.html http://www.xaraxone.com/html/xareg.html
    Design is thinking made visual.

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64