Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I need to take a line of type and arc

I think I did it one time, and if I did it was a long time ago and have forgotten. Take the line of type and I want arc the top side with flat bottom side, or I want to arc the top and bottom side. I want to accomplish a swelling in the middle of the line of type on the top, bottom, or both. I seem to remember there was a fairly simple way of accomplishing this.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: I need to take a line of type and arc

What you want to do can be easily acomplished with the mold tool. You will find the mold tool on the same flyout with the blend, contour, bevel and extrude tools. the icon looks like a waving flag.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

for a single swell on the top or bottom I would try two default envelopes - one for the rise and one for the fall

a swell on both top and bottom is a bit more complicated

sometimes it can be a lot of fiddling around and with text you have to be careful not to lose/distort parts around the edges

a quick and dirty example [default envelope used - the one on the left, not default perspective - you should experiment with different types]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rise and fall.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	101284  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Oh boy now, thanks gang. I've done a lot of fiddling and this points the way for me. Again thanks..goes right to the heart of the matter for me.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"