Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Removing detail

I recently purchased Paint Shop Pro 10. I am trying to remove detail from a picture and have not been able to figure it out. I have an image of a child wearing very colorful clothing. I would like to remove the color as well as the pattern from the clothing and make it white. I have tried the eraser tool but the image really looks bad when printed. Is there a way to remove the pattern and color so that the picture still looks nice?

Thank you
    IP

I recently purchased Paint Shop Pro 10. I am trying to remove detail from a picture and have not been able to figure it out. I have an image of a child wearing very colorful clothing. I would like to remove the color as well as the pattern from the clothing and make it white. I have tried the eraser tool but the image really looks bad when printed. Is there a way to remove the pattern and color so that the picture still looks nice?

Thank you
    IP

most of us have only seen "7" so far

Jon
    Jon
    IP

Yes, it is Paint Shop Pro 7. See what I get for playing around with Adobe Illustrator 10 all weekend.....
    IP

Wilmington, NC USA and Daejeon, South Korea

One thing you might try is to use the lasso tool...set on Point to Point...and create a selection around the object you wish to change.

Click delete...and the interior portion of the selction should disappear. Add a new layer and fill with the white and lower the transparency....or you will get a painted over look rather than a natural look. You would then have to add folds and shadows to the clothing by hand on a seperate layer or layers....again lowering the transparency.

Once you have something you like...you could merge the painted layers...and play with smoothing, smudging, or various filters to obtain the look you want.

I haven't actually tried this....but it is a method I might start with to see how it works.

Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    Joelle

The sandcastles of our lives are nothing when compared to the tides of our destinies.
    IP

Thanks for your help Sanddancr. I will try that.
    IP

You may want to take a look around this site
    Pspug image effects Tutorials

I used a tutorial here to grey my ex-fiance out of all our photos [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] there are many tuts here and I am sure you will find what you need.

http://users.adelphia.net/~70chris/s...olidaytag1.gif </img>
    IP