Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Graphic designer help required

That's me not reading the post properly again, sorry Gary.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by Albacore View Post
    Do you not think Gary the software would need simple vector shapes and let the machines own software apply the bevels as it would be an instruction sent to the machine to cut at 45 degrees on the Z axis. Alistair you would need to tell us what sort of file your software accepts as there are loads of vector files & formats but the most popular in this area is DXF, postscript and SVG.
    Looking at it the other way round, since it is apparently a vector based machine, if it were possible to export shapes developed in the machine they could be imported into Xara to save that part of the 'redraw' but I guess that export facility isn't available.
    Tony

Don't know if this helps but I took two shapes, made them editable shapes and sliced the smaller one out.
    Applying a Bevel and using the Shapes tool means it it fully editable into any shape yuo fancy.

It should be backwards compatible: Framed.xar
    I've included an overlay that can be coloured differently for indexing as you choose.

Acorn

Thank you every one and especially Garry,
    we are now busy creating the images for our website which was as some of you notices what I asked about.
    "I want to display some of the mounts on my website for sale."
    the machine and its software is not a problem apart from the lousy image quality.
    alistair d w barclay