Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Graphic designer help required

Hi,
    I am buying a computerized mount cutter and it has software that you use to design mounts for cutting. I want to display some of the mounts on my website for sale.

The supplied design software is very simple to use and is based a a vector type drawing program which then sends the finished design to the machine to cut.

The on screen display of the finished design is however very low res and a simple screen capture of the design is useless for the website as it is so pixilated on any edge that is not straight.

There are also with in the software directories with dozens of pre made designs but they are the same quality (samples attached)

The only way I can see round this is to redraw them and I need help in finding how to redraw them and show the shaded edges as in the samples to show the beveled edges.

What we are drawing for example is a outside rectangle of A4 size with 90 degree cut edges and and a inside section cut out of this a4 which measures 7x5 inches. the cut edges on this aperture are however cut at 45 degrees and this I need to represent.

I have a old version of xara photo and graphic designer 7 which I am sure is adequate for this simple job and I am in Bristol UK and would also be happy to meet any one who can help in in a hands on 1:1 fashion

thanks Alistair
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    alistair d w barclay