Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bar Question

On one website I am working on, the Navigation Bar has a two tier drop-down menu. The issue I am having is that when trying to click the final menu item (the second level of the drop down menu) it becomes a crap-shoot at best. If you don't hit the "sweet spot" with the mouse, the drop-down closes and you have to drill down all over again... makes for a real jittery, frustrating experience which we have all experienced on different sites from time to time.

The sites that seem to work best, are the ones that "lock" each drop-down level when clicked, so you can easily click the exact menu item you want.

Is there a function I am missing that makes this happen or will it have to be coded into the site? I haven't found anything in the Nav Bar editing areas that let you lock down each level...

Thanks,

Dave
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

Default Re: Navigation Bar Question

In the Pop-up Menu Style (Navigation Bar Properties) check and see if you have a vertical or horizontal offset value. If so, set it to 0 and preview again to see if this solves the issue.

Gary,

Yes, both values are "0".

I know some sites allow you to click on each level of the drop-down menu and it "locks" it in place and allows you to drill to the next level without having the levels collapse if you are not perfect with your mouse alignment.
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

Can you post your file for us to look at?