Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Importing text to a .gif file

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tobeedtedPNG.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	44.3 KB 
ID:	101063 The text on this card is what I am trying to create. I cropped it out and I want to replace it with my own text. Can you help? Just give me the steps I need to accomplish this. I don't need animation. I just want to crop and replace. I'll use Microsoft Paint if that's what it takes.

use paint

put rectangles over the text you want to hide - fill white - outline none

then place new text over the rectangles

does that help

[as this is business card I am assuming you have permission to use that image...]

Can I create the kind of text pictured here with Xara 3D Maker? If so , con you show me how this is done? I know I can hide the original text but can't create the new text and replace it.

or The Gimp http://www.gimp.org/downloads/ which is a much more powerful free program, but you will have to download it. There are quite a number of freeware programs out there which you might like such as paint.net http://www.getpaint.net/ or Project DogWaffle http://www.thebest3d.com/dogwaffle/free/. there is one that Gare likes but can't remember the name of it. In my opinion all I listed are exceptional and free programs, all have good tutorials although the gimp might be the best.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

something like that is probably possible, but it would be a whole losd easier in xara photo and graphic designer or some other graphics design editor, it's not what Xara 3D is for it is not 3D text

what you have is either

two lines of text, one 'yellow' one black placed over each other - or one line of black text with either a 'yellow' outline or a contour, maybe some bevel

it's difficult to be sure without a higher resolution image

EDIT - Larry has given you some alternative editors...

Downloaded the Gimp program. I can edit my card but still can't get the text I'm trying to create. Do you know the steps to accomplish that using Gimp? It's black text surrounded by a gold border like the one pictured in my example.

sorry, it's been a while now since I used gimp [no longer use linux] I can't remember the text feature or the tools well enough

in principle you could place one row of text above another of larger font size, but it would take careful alignment - you might need some shadowing or blur too...

also the letters need to be spaced right, so it may be better to create it letter by letter rather than word by word

Looking at your image, here is what you need to do to get the text.

1.Type your text.
    2 From the colors option select font face and set that to black or whatever color you want.
    3.To get the outline, Color option and set to font sides and pick the color you want.
    4.Go to bevels and set to whatever you want, and set the depth to something like 50 I used a square bevel.
    5.Change animation to swing 1 and uncheck all the boxes so there is really no animation and export animation. Depending on how much text you have you may have to change from change font size at top from fit to width to 30 or lower.
    That should get you something fairly close.

Why export as animation, that's the only way I can get it with no background. Even png and gif seem to export with a background.

Name:  some text .gif
Views: 259
Size:  5.8 KB
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I think there's an option in the export dialog box that needs to be ticked/unticked Larry - at least with version 6... [assuming you are not using a trial version]

I have the new version, I believe. I got it yesterday. I'm a newbie to the max. When I start Xara 3D Maker it starts out with an animation. How do I get to the point where I can add my own text and go to

"font face".