Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Can't Copy & Paste (Widget) Code from www.trulia.com/widgets

You all have been wonderful to and for me. The caring here is truly wonderful and I am so impressed. Thank you all so much for being as patient and generous with information and sharing ideas. I can't ask for more. Now, I am going to re-boot my computer. If that does not help, I will close and then re-open Xara. Something has got to work. I shared with my wife who just came into the house about the problems I am having and how each of you continued to provide ideas and helpful hints. She was impressed. I let her know that you area all Xara users and smart in the use of their website design software. I just can't understand why Xara web design vs 7 does not want to produce the results you all are getting. I wonder if there is a bug in the program?? Anyway, I am re-reading all of the stuff in Xara's help section on "Widgets". I will be back everyone and I am blessed to be in your very capable hands. Bob

See if you can open this WD 7 file. I have created the calculator placeholder which you can copy and paste (I hope) into the website you are creating for your wife.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hello Gwpriester, It would appear I have been able to open this file you sent. It appears in Xara WD 7 as a black vertical rectangle. However, when I preview, I see the Rent vs Buy Calculator. I've got to be honest. I don't know where to go from here. I have no idea how to incorporate your widget onto my website page. I'll tell you what sir, I am elated just to get this far. I am going to eat now, but will return to work with this new information you have given me. Bob

Copy and paste the placeholder into the website you are creating. When you preview or publish you will see the calculator.

Hello Gwpriester, I am super happy that you and the other forum members have been with me through this experience. I just copied and pasted what you sent and WOW, there it is on one of my webpages. I am more than elated you were able to do this for me. However, as much as I love what you've done for me here, how and what can I do to get the "Affordability Calculator" widget on the Trulia website? That one along with the one you sent will provide a wealth of useful information to anyone who visits my wife's website. I am more than pleased with the outcome you've provided me sir. I will go to bed happy tonight Bob

Good morning Mr. Bob. You should be up since you are in an earlier time zone.

Review all the help you have gotten in this thread, then see if you can get the code from the Trulia website into a rectangle like the one I provided for you.

I know you can do this. And when you do, you will be making a new kind of music.

Good Tuesday Morning Gwpriester and my other friends here. I am usually up by 6am EST, but slept a little later this morning due to the peace I had due to you providing the Trulia Widget to me. My wife was so excited as was I. Don't worry my friend, I am going to start work on getting that other Trulia Widget up and running so that I can use it. Do to all of the great support I've gotten here I ready to hit the road running. Well at 70 plus I won't be running to hard

Please all let me thank you again and again for your wonderful and very strong support. It's difficult to find words that are sufficient to say what's in my heart. You and others here have renewed my desire to learn as much as I can about my copy of Xara Web Design Premium 7 and my computer in general. You all have been super wonderful to me and I very much appreciate it. I've got to run with my wife to the store. After that, I will be back in front of my computer working towards getting the Trulia Widget up and running. I'll be back to ya and I hope sooner rather than later

Hope this works for you.

affordability.xar

Good afternoon Mr. Miko, You bet this will work for me and thank you so much. However, my friend, I want you to know I've been working on retrieving this and other Widgets I might need in the future. I've not been successful so far but because of everyone here I am even more motivated to achieve success. I know everyone here wants me to get to that point where, not only will I be successful, but may in the future, be able to help someone else. What else can I say but thank you all for being here for me and others who need BIG HELP. What a great group of folk with the power and expertise to assist others. Bob of Georgia PS: I will continue to work on this project until I get it.

Hello Bob. With determination you will get there - keep persevering. Everyone has to start somewhere which I am sure you know too well. Good luck with the website.