Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Can't Copy & Paste (Widget) Code from www.trulia.com/widgets

Bob - We are all trying to help you do something that is really not that hard.

In the example I posted, as I tried to explain, I copied the code from the Zillow site you linked to.

In Xara, I created a rectangle to the same size as was referenced in the code, then with the rectangle selected, I went to Website Properties (the blue globe icon on the Infobar) > Placeholder > Replace with HTML Code section.

I clicked on the button that reads HTML Code (body) and pasted the code into the window.

Now this next step is important and I left it out of my previous response.

Click Apply. This step is critical. If you don't press Apply, nothing will happen.

The problem he has Gary is that he is unable it seems to actually copy the code.

Gwpriester, you all have been more than I could ask for regarding helping me get through this. I copied the code that Miko was kind enough to develope for me. I highlighted the code, copied it and went to Xara Utilities > Website Properties > Placeholder > Replace with HTML Code. . I was not able to paste this code in the open window with the flashing cursor. Let me keep trying everyone to see if I can get through this with the great advice you all have already provided. I am going to work over the next hour. If I am successful before than I will gladly get back here and let you all know. Everyone has been super kind to me. Thank you all and I will be back in touch. An hour may seem like a long time but not for me bob

Just as an experiment - you DON'T need to actually post it - try pasting the code as a reply here, just to check things are as they should be
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Bob, I did not develop the code, I simply copied it from the link that you gave. It seems to me that you are doing it wrong. Go to the Page that you have the Placeholder on for this widget. Click on the placeholder to select it. Now right click on the placeholder and select Web Properties. Select Placeholder. Now select the Replace with HTML Code. Now select HTML Code body. Click inside the window and paste the code. And finally click on Apply
    Last edited by Miko; 10 March 2014 at 08:49 PM.

Great Idea Zaphodeist. Let's see what happens with that. I should be able to do what you ask. Bob

<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://css.trulia-cdn.com/css/G09_32/css/pg_truliatool-generate.css"><div class="trulia_tool container300x600 rent-vs-buy-calculator green" style="width: 296px; height: 600px;"><div class="trulia_tool_header"><h6>Rent vs. Buy Calculator</h6></div><iframe src="http://synd.trulia.com/tools/rent-vs-buy-calculator/embedded?params%5Btool_metro_area%5D=12060&params% 5Btitle%5D=Rent+vs.+Buy+Calculator&params%5Bcolor% 5D=green&params%5Bemail%5D=&params%5Buser_url%5D=& params%5Bwidth%5D=300&params%5Bheight%5D=600&param s%5Bguid%5D=531e30dc59897" style="height: 535px; overflow: hidden;"><p>Your browser does not support iframes</p></iframe><div class="trulia_tool_footer"><div class="footer-link typeTruncate"><a href="http://www.trulia.com/mortgages/" title="Get a custom mortgage quote" target="_blank">Get a custom</a> <span>mortgage quote</span></div><a class="trulia-logo" href="http://www.trulia.com/" title="Trulia" target="_blank"></a></div></div> Here is the code copied and pasted here from the Trulia (Rent vs Buy Calculator) I hope this provides more understanding to what my problem might be. I might add, I tried to copy and paste this code going to Utilities > Website Properties > Placeholder > Replace with HTML Code (open window) Nothing happens. Bob

So, you can copy and paste ok!!!

Have you followed my instructions as above?

Mr. Miko, I did as you instructed. However, I want to keep trying just in case I missed something. I will come back here later with the results. Thanks again everyone. I am more than pleased with every comment and suggestion. I am sure it's something I am doing wrong, and not your instructions. You all are the experts and I am the novice. I will keep working on this to see what the outcome is. Bob

Don't give up Bob. We're here for you.

Here's what that code looks like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	calculator.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	101043