Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default David Icon for my website revamp.

Hullo Everyone,

I don't normally post anything I create on here because well basically...you're all miles better than me....

Anyhoo I've posted this jpeg of an image I did in Xara [all hand traced and manipulated] of myself created from a photo. The final part I did this afternoon.

I added some stages of the images so you can see how I worked up to the final jpeg. The ugly photo-shot of me is actually well over a year old and the cartoon has a beard because at the moment that is what I am 'rockin''.

I actually am quite pleased with the final product, it will be used on my personal website [also all Xara] which I am recreating for about the 10th time in three years [I get so bored of one look].

Not too bad for an old fella who is entirely self-taught, I think anyway

Cheers
    David
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TheStroveyProcess.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	101016

Default Re: David Icon for my website revamp.

Heh, heh. I love it.

Looks pretty darn good to me, David.

Post what you create.
    I do!

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Excellent characterization David. I really like it.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

Quote Originally Posted by David Strover View Post
    ...you're all miles better than me....
    You are too modest, that looks great. The only thing is maybe the beard in the final result, which maybe could be different but your processing is very good

Quote Originally Posted by csehz View Post
    You are too modest, that looks great. The only thing is maybe the beard in the final result, which maybe could be different but your processing is very good
    Thanks csehz, you're very kind, [as is everyone else], my wife said something similar about the beard, but just to be contrary I sort of quite like it being 'cartoonish' and they way it looks. I was considering changing it when I created the image but I have a terrible habit of overworking stuff.

Now confident I won't get 'ripped to pieces' but much more skilled contributors I will add a few more images I have created over the last year or so.

Keep an eye out on the thread - and thanks for all the positive comments.

David

Excellent looking character, David. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Excellent looking character, David. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    Thanks Gray, you're very kind [as is everyone else], I have got other work I haven't ever really posted on Talk Graphics. I'll have to dig it out.

I did a lot of infographic work for the last company I worked for and I do a lot of website work and just generally created graphics for no reason at all except fun!

I was in Vancouver and on Vancouver Island and Salt Spring Island in late July. My wife's sister lives on SSL and her kids live on Vancouver Island, the family moved from Edmonton [except for one son] I should use the scenery and photographs I have to inspire more Xara work and my painting work too.

All the best
    David

We get lots of Edmontonians here. Must have something to do with the weather. I'm 5 minutes from the ferry in Deep Cove. I can see Salt Spring out my window.
    Cheers,
    Graham.

Hi Folks,

Here is another stylised 'Strovey' that I knocked up tonight. I used a photograph of myself more or less in this pose [self-timer on the Nokia mobile phone camera] as the template and then created the image as per the first one I posted on this thread.

It took about four hours , on and off, whilst having tea and watching the TV.

I then 'freehanded' [using the Freehand and Brush tool] silly drawing of the football player [it is rubbish on purpose ]. I will use this image on the page on my website that will showcase, and I use that term very loosely, my drawings.

All the best David
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	I_do_drawing.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	101141