Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Image POP-UP windows not working

I continue to discover issues with my WD9 Premium after the re-install onto a new HD.

The current issue:

Any "NEW" imported images (JPEG or PNG) will not pop-up when exported or previewed. All the pre-existing images from the original build, continue to function perfectly and all images are set to the same pop-up configurations.

After three hours fighting this latest issue, I am going to take a break and see if anyone can help.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

UPDATE:

In addition to the pop-up issue (maybe somewhat related)
    1: New images are showing up (4) and (6) times in the Index html Files folder.
    2: New images that I have deleted from the website and deleted from the Index html Files Folder, are returning to the folder when I export the website.
    3: Even after deleting all the exported website files and folders, the newly added images are doing all this crazy stuff... and not working in the pop-up window.
    4: Through all of this, every image that was part of the initial website build are occurring only twice (thumbnail and pop-up size) and working as they are supposed to.
    Last edited by SuperDave; 09 March 2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: More info
    "Old enough to know better... too young to resist"

Default Re: Image POP-UP windows not working

Dave, you've raised a few points here.

For the first (& 4.), when you import an image, are you then setting its Web Properties > Link > Pop-up photo as selected?

For the numbered points:
    1. (& 2. & 3.) were you dropping the same image into place (and deleting from the page) more than once? Check the Bitmap gallery. If there are multiple copies there, they all may be have been exported / published at different times.
    Acorn

Acorn

Yes, all images are set to "pop-up Photo"
    The Bitmap Gallery only shows one occurrence for each image.
    Problem still persists.

However... if I take one of the original images and do a "Replace Photo" using one of the new images... everything works exactly as it should... It's only an issue when a brand new image is added to the page.

I have four websites to update with a number of images and cannot seem to solve this issue.

Thanks,
    Dave

Okay... the plot thickens.

I tested the other websites and I am able to add photos and set the pop-up, which functions as it should.

In fact, each of those websites asked if I wanted to import the image into the page or replace an existing image. The problem site is the only one that does not ask this question and just imports the image... which doesn't work on the pop-up. So, something is wrong with this specific site and I don;t know what it is.

Dave, that's good in a way; you've isolated the problem a bit more.
    I would copy the design file for this site and save it somewhere safe.
    Then make another copy and use ExpandXar.zip: http://www.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html describes it.
    This might help unpick any problem with the design file itself.

Taking the original file and of of the other good design files, I would also go through all the file settings the Xara application has to see if there is any difference.

If you have another machine with the application installed, try using that one. You never know, it might be a first that a Windows operating system can affect a program (sarcasm thrown in).

Failing all this, I would selectively rebuild the site design as a new file but cautiously adding back in any widgets are external utilities that might be interfering, though at the design stage I would doubt this.

Acorn