Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Any feedback for the Jon person who questioned the rust?

The problem for me is not the look of the rust but the plate itself!

How can a plate get so rusty and no dent or dog-ear edges.

Sorry not added the rust, but short lunch break hear in UK.

Turan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plate.jpg 
Views:	276 
Size:	2.9 KB 
ID:	4416  

Gary,
    In my quest for readability I ran into somthing I have seen before but just ignored. I started out adding a shadow glow to the letters and making the glow white so that the black letters would stand out. You can adjust the size and density very nicely. However, the Glow must be very memory intensive as my system slows way, way down when ever I try to use it. It does not seem to do so with a wall shadow. Because of this I end up avoiding what should be a very useful feature. Has anyone else seen this?
    Any way I ended up using the contour tool set to one layer. That layer set to no line white and about 60% transparent which leaves the letters much more readable, but with a sharp edge I could do without.
    John D

I have no problems with Xara slowing down when I use shadow glows. Perhaps you could use some more RAM?

Here is my rust:

Name:	cvrust.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	19616  

John -- A picture is worth a thousand words.

Erik -- Your complaint about the glow slowing down your computer reminds me of the joke:

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I walk this way!

Doctor: So, don't walk that way! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    beehives to me blurs </a>

Name:	text.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	1210  

on the contrary: I wrote, as an answer to John's inquiry, that I have NO slowdown whatsoever, after verifying on the rust topic.

the Baroness: "O, mr.Groucho, I'm speechless"
    G.Marx: "Please, stay that way!"

Yeh it was me that Com.. I mean observed the slow down. I've got 448M memory on my home system. The Cove one has 256M both do it. I will propably do as Gary suggests. You just end up with fewer features.
    I wonder if it is a W 98SE issue
    John D

Erik,
    I am not sure but it looks to me as though you used a wall shadow and not the "Glow" (the button farthest to the right) the wall shadow works fine for me. I was trying to get a uniform white translusent fuzz around the letters. I may go back and try a wall shadow, white and center it under that letters and make it large enough to show all round them. I will let you know if it works.
    John D

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> the Baroness: "O, mr.Groucho, I'm speechless"
    G.Marx: "Please, stay that way!" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As they say in the deep south, wull shut my mouth. Erik is right. I need to take my speed reading course over again.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

<a href="http://home.earthlink.net/~garypriester">
    he mob bee rivulets</a>

This was NOT meant for you. PLEEZ, it was just a reply joke to yours. Really.
    Hey man, I don't really care that you over read postings and mix them up. In your place, I'd do the same, and probably even more than you.
    I sometimes lack the fine tunings of English and may sound a little rude from time to time, but I never would want someone to shut up, OK?

John, it used several glow shadows: one around the text, on around the tweaked text to get the dropdown under the text, and one around the image that I moved down to have it left, right and under the image.

I still don't understand what the difference is but glow slow both systems down significantly where wall doesn't I went back and redid the careers panel and used a wall shadow, white 10 picsules by 10% trans centered behind the letters and it look pretty much the same as the glow without the slow down.
    puzzeling [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
    John