Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

I received a response from this month's tutorial Rust Never Sleeps from a fellow named Jon who said politely, "THIS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE RUST AT ALL!"

WELL!!!

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks more aged and distressed than it does like rust.

So I challenged Jon (he checked the Advanced user button on the form) to show me his rust.

In the mean time, using the same techniques and much experimenting I came up with four more rust-like candidates.

Here are mine, let's see yours.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

he be ever botulism
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	more_rust.jpg 
Views:	1071 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	17512  

I received a response from this month's tutorial Rust Never Sleeps from a fellow named Jon who said politely, "THIS DOES NOT LOOK LIKE RUST AT ALL!"

WELL!!!

As much as I hate to admit it, it looks more aged and distressed than it does like rust.

So I challenged Jon (he checked the Advanced user button on the form) to show me his rust.

In the mean time, using the same techniques and much experimenting I came up with four more rust-like candidates.

Here are mine, let's see yours.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

he be ever botulism

Hi Gary, all four look like various stages of rust to me.

I've attempted to get the look of some of the old barns where I live. People don't throw away their old plates, just add it to the barn wall.

Soquili

Name:	trustplate.jpg 
Views:	1041 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	2850  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Soquili might know the new one. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Name:	newnoldtag.jpg 
Views:	1000 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	6390  

Gary,

Did the guy mean that you were getting RUSTY? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Milt

Rusty? I'm biodegrading. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

he be ever botulism

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Wow these are great! I love them all!

I thought I'd repost the one and only rusty thing I've done. I'll have to try Gary's tutorial it looks like fun. (I hope BigFrank posts a rusty version of his brilliant VW Splittie named Nadia).

Regards, Ross

http://talkgraphics.infopop.net/1/Op...&ul=1021914712

[This message was edited by Ross Macintosh on August 02, 2001 at 15:48.]

Your image reminds me of metal that has been cut with an Oxy-Aceteline cutting tourch. The edges are ragged like those in your image.

I used your title, Rust Never Sleeps—also the Rustoleum slogan before your boy Neil appropriated it, for the title of this months tutorial.

By the way. Anyone know where Egg is? I e-mailed him because he has not been around for a while. I hope he wasn't one of the people I have allegedly scared away from the conferences, and more importantly, I hope he is all right.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

he be ever botulism

I hope Jon will show us his rust... I did the tutorial. I realize Gary was busy with other things, and it wasn't a tutorial he was able to give a lot of time to. Most disappointing for me was the lack of any layers involvement. But I'll try to be patient. Meantime, here is my version of the tutorial. I would have liked to do a BC plate instead, but they are a bit complicated, involving, as they do, a copy of BC's flag, flapping in the wind. Maybe I should try it anyway...

Name:	CAplate.jpg 
Views:	821 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	1057  

Deb

I apologize. I thought about your request for layers and tried to incorporate them into the tutorial, but to be honest, I really don't like layers.

It's not that they do not help organize a drawing and make it easier to work on groups or areas or a drawing.

I just get very frustrated when I try to work with layers because being a forgetful person, I tend to forget what layer I am working on. Then I go to paste things on inactive layers and get error messages. Then things I thought were on one layer end up on another layer and are not where I think they are. Layers are for people with complex and well developed brains who can keep track of where things are. My brain is just not that organized. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img] I end up getting fed up and copying the entire contents of the page, all layers, then pasting them onto the main layer and deleting all the rest.

Perhaps someone will volunteer a Guest Tutorial on Layers and get me off the hook :-)

I did cover the Layer Gallery in WebXealot 22

Sorry Deb.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

be rib hem evolutes