Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: H1 HTML tag

Default H1 HTML tag

(using WD6)... Greetings, Re H1 tags: I notice this topic has appeared on several very old threads in the past but rather than 'bump' those old threads (where I can't see the answer to my question anyway), perhaps someone here would be kind enough to help me? I note there has been much discussion about whether these tags are really necessary, however Google assure me (right now) that I need to include them or my website may be overlooked? True or not, I don't really know, but suffice to say that IF it is possible to include them, then that is what I would prefer to do. Way back, when I used HTML in Front Page (and before that, just plain HTML!) these tags were added, but my (OLD) Web Designer does not have that option? OK, I know Xara is not HTML based, but my question is "can I set up my website with Web Designer (v6) and somehow include H1 tags on the individual pages?" Perhaps this option is provided in later versions of Xara software? I notice some past references to using placeholders as a possibility but knowing 'where' on each page to place them, and how, would seem to be quite difficult questions? Anyway, if there is a definitive answer (yes or no), please advise, (and no, my website is not a commercial site but a local church website, but getting noticed by the popular search engines can still be very helpful free publicity) Many thanks, Rikko

Default Re: H1 HTML tag

https://www.google.com/search?q=H1+t...x-a&channel=sb

The more recent versions of Web Designer and Designer Pro have styles that you can apply to your text including Heading.

You can have Heading 1, Heading 2, and Heading 3

Put a dot in front and at back of the text. Highlight each dot in turn and using Web Properties>>Replace with HTML code [I think it says, haven't used WD6 for a while ;-) ] insert <h1> for the first dot and </h1> for the second.

Sorry Gary, didn't see you'd answered
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks Gary & John, I would really like to upgrade (to v9) but it looks like the basic version of WD9 may not have many of the nice extras which my v6 has (although I'm sure they're much improved) and I can't afford or justify getting the premium version - that I would love! (and 'she who (usually) must be obeyed' may not be happy either!). When comparing the 2 versions alongside each other, online, the basic v9 looks a bit bare? I will try the placeholder in the meantime, thank you, but just to confirm, should I place the placeholder at the very beginning of each of my pages? I have a menu bar - using a template - on my website and perhaps the placeholder should precede everything, including that one? and finish at the very end of any text or whatever at the end of each page. Cheers, and many thanks again, Rikko (my website, still under construction is at www.adelaidevncma.com)
    (ps. I have now tried using placeholders at the very top and bottom of the first page of my website (uploaded), and I notice that when viewing the 'source code' for the home page, there is now a <h1> and </h1> tag, but in the middle of the page, at lines 109 and 112 respectively, so I suspect they are not appearing in the correct position and not within the meta tags?)
    Last edited by rikkoshea; 06 March 2014 at 02:44 AM.