Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Registration starts with p2? Mine starts with X3d so whats it looking for?

I am trying to move my Xara from my old machine to my new machine and i downloaded it from the Xara site just the other day.
    I have had it on my XP machine since (2006?)

I am looking at the serial numberi used to install it on that machine and it starts with "X3D" .... ... .... ... ... .. .. . . . .

ok so i am installing it now on my Win7 machine but the installer is asking me for the serial number which they say starts with P2 ? what?
    how am i going to get this to work now?

Default Re: Registration starts with p2? Mine starts with X3d so whats it looking for?

Best to ask Xara - http://support.xara.com/
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Default Re: Registration starts with p2? Mine starts with X3d so whats it looking for?

sounds like the version you downloaded is a later one than the version you originally bought - you may be able to download your original version from your xara account if you bought it from them - if not, I agree with John, you should contact xara direct...

sorry guys but i tried that route already
    thats why i am now here

the version i purchased was years ago with an email address i no longer have (the domain is long expired)
    they want me to provide and access using the old account info. Its such a horrid catch 22

to be honest, if you have the original email address detail as well as serial number I am surprised that Xara cannot help

Do you have to have your old email address to update your account? I remember that I had switched providers several times and no longer remembered which one I originally registered with, but I updated my account with my new email address.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

my point exactly Larry - and xara3D ver 6 [and before] would have been issued on CD so there really should be no problem in installing it [may need compatibility mode for win 8 not tried that] - although I appreciate not everyone keeps these things or backs up...